Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mommy Moment

Brilliant idea.

One Tupperware container of plain cheerios. Halfway filled.

On box of the new fruity cheerios. Halfway filled.

Brilliant idea? Combine the two together. Get kids to eat the rest of the plain while coloring them with the fruity.

Poured box of fruity into Tupperware container. Top half is now fruity. Bottom half is now plain.

Time to mix. Hand over top of Tupperware. Slowly. Up and down. Over and right-side-up. Up and down. Over and right-side-up. Up and down.

And ... over.

And ... top comes off.

I caught it midway so not every single cheerio hit the floor. Some hit the counter. (Those went back into the container.) But many, many, little fruity halfway mixed with plain cheerios? All over the floor.

Isaac was still asleep but Scrubby came running. Elijah came running. Scrubby began eating at lightning speed. Elijah sat down on his rear end right in the middle of the mess and began chowing away to his heart's delight.

Thought about letting Scrubs eat them all but then pictured an extensive bellyache resulting in a midnight bell ringing to be let outside. So I got out the broom. It became a race between Scrubs and me and Elijah. Who could eat more before Mommy swept more.

Sigh . . .

I want to make a point, as this journey through parenthood gets underway, to write down these moments.

So here I am. Sharing my complete embarrassment. How hard is it to secure a Tupperware lid after all?

But I want to make a point to remember, and so I write.

Here's to the good, the bad ... and the fruity.

1 comment:

Joia said...

LOL! Oh, what a bummer! I do that sort of thing too.. the other day I got a jar of apple sauce out of the fridge, realized it was almost empty, so I turned it upside down to shake the rest of it to the top so I could pour it out... and the lid came off (while I was on the phone with Philip - poor guy). =0/