Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Lego Curriculum

The boys are yelling: "LEGO POWER!"

During our first year of homeschooling, we have managed to do almost everything for free. We've avoided buying curriculum, and other than a few monthly fees we pay for some iPad learning apps, we have just been winging it.

However, we finally cracked and purchased a curriculum. I stumbled upon a math LEGO curriculum for 1st and 2nd graders online, and we decided to buy it. 

The curriculum has 48 lessons which are designed to last two years. However, I have a feeling we will be through them all in a few months. The boys absolutely love legos and they do not absolutely love math so combining the two seemed like a good idea. I really like that LEGO is trying to teach problem solving and critical thinking. 

I truly cannot imagine being a homeschool mom before the wonders of technology and surplus of support and supplies. We are really excited about this program.

Below, I am keeping a list of other fun lego ideas I find online. (There are so many I don't even know where to begin!)


No comments: