Sunday, June 28, 2015

Book Review: Brave Queen Esther

Brave Queen Esther retells the Biblical store of Queen Esther. I love these Biblical "I Can Read" books which allow my first grade boys to read Bible stories for themselves. While the numbers aren't always true to skill level, I do think this is a number two book and that my boys will be able to read it successfully while still being challenged.

In addition to being very readable by my school-aged boys, the pictures and story is also captivating enough to resonate with my younger daughters, who can't quite read for themselves yet.

And at just under $4 per book, it is affordable and priced appropriately for the book size.

With age-appropriate vocabulary and concepts, young readers read about a Jewish woman who is chosen to be queen by a powerful king. When she hears of a plan to hurt all of the Jewish people in the kingdom, she calls on her faith and steps forward, facing certain danger to save God's people from the evil plan.

I am very blessed to have received a free copy of this book in return for my honest review and to add this book to our personal library.

No comments: