Thursday, January 01, 2009

Highlights of 2008

JANUARY 2008
Scrubs celebrates the end of 2007 -- onto 2008! (It's an empty bottle folks!)


JB and Wendi leave their puppy with Jodi and head out on a Caribbean cruise! It was a wonderful week away from residency and infertility.


Wendi finds a dog (who loves peanut butter as much as Scrubs) and then successfully finds the home he lost.


Josh and Sarah come to visit with their boys.

FEBRUARY 2008
We make a weekend trip to Jacksonville to be fingerprinted by Homeland Security for our China adoption and get to see Bay & Nicole while we are there.


Tara drops in for a visit. Scrubs falls in love!

MARCH 2008

JB's garden starts to bloom -- neighbors use our lawn for picture backdrops.


Matt & Tiffany host our first shower -- a "couples" shower complete with awesome cooking by Matt -- in celebration of Isaac's pending arrival.


We head to Asheville, NC with Matt, Tiff, and William for a long weekend where our husbands take their test for Boards and we all get sick!

APRIL 2008
JB surprises me by painting the nursery while I am gone. I finally agree to start preparing the room for baby's arrival.

Scrubs gets his leg cut open at the bay. $400 and a lot of recoup later, and he is back to new!

Our second shower is a joint shower for Bri and me in Fort Lauderdale. This is me with some of Bri's family.


My mother hosts a third shower for us in Fort Lauderdale.


The wifia (and friends) tackle shower #4 at Jodi's house.



Finally get to enjoy some Florida volleyball -- just a few weeks before life changes forever!

MAY 2008
A picture I have never put on my blog -- until now. This is the exact moment we met Isaac John.

First few minutes with Isaac.

Bringing Isaac home to Eglin.

My Mom visits.


JB's Mom visits.


Ebby visits.


I turn 31!

Shower #5 is hosted by our church. Here's one of my favorite pictures of me and Isaac at that shower.

June 2008


Dad visits.

Isaac's first trip -- Minnesota for Hans and Rachel's wedding.

The gang's all here!

The night I return from Minnesota I discover why I am so sick!

And a few days later, I try to convince Andrea that I am not joking. I am pregnant.


JB graduates from internship year. Here are the wives (minus Sarah) at the O-club.


JB's Intern class: Sean, Eric, Rob, Philip, Shannon, Matt, Kacey, JB, Cliff, and Bill.


JULY 2008


Joan and Bri come for a visit.

Daddy's little wingman gets his first shots.

Road trip to Amelia Island to catch up with my parents.

The wifia celebrates 1 year in existence.

Uncle Keith and AD drop in for a visit.

AUGUST 2008
The Kits. come up for a visit. Here's Dad, Grace, and Nate. Mom, Uncle Ray, and Aunt Gabbi came too.

Erica stops in for a visit.



Isaac and I head to Chicago for shower #6. Here I am with my cousin's wives: Katleen and Sarah.

JB leaves us for a week for a trip to Colorado for a Wilderness Medicine course.

Rob and his girlfriend Sherrie drop in for a visit.

We make a trip home to Fort Lauderdale for (what is supposed to be) Isaac's court hearing and say good bye to JB's grandfather.

OCTOBER 2008

A trip west: to see Lee, Kristi, Kelsey, and Utah!

It's official! A family forever!

Bara visits.
NOVEMBER 2008

Thanksgiving at the Kits with my parents, Philip and Joia, and John & Becky.

Daddy delivers first haircut!
DECEMBER 2008




Merry Christmas and a happy new year everyone!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh i'm glad i checked your blog -haven't been able to for some time --i cried seeing the pic of the your very first meeting of Isaac! What a blessed year you have had --you'd better not make it your New Year's resolution to see MORE family and friends or you'll never have time alone! :) xo Tante Jan

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! We love the year in review! :) Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Thanks for making me smile with all those great pics! And...I must admit that I, too, teared up at the first picture with Isaac. Wow! What a year!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Wendi! The moment I saw the picture of you meeting Isaac, I started sobbing! What a great moment caught!

yuan family said...

Happy New Year Wendi, John and Isaac! The picture of you meeting Isaac for the first time is precious.

Mikey's mom said...

Thank you for sharing the picture of the first moment you met Isaac. It's such amazing overwhelming joy! It reminds me of how my husband and I felt when we met Michael after he arrived. Blessings,
Dorinda

Christy said...

I have been a lurker on your blog forever. (Found it through HP a couple years ago.) The pic of you meeting Isaac for the first time made me cry and praise the Lord! "You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent." Ps 30:5
Christy

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Oh Wendi! What a nice stroll down memory lane.

The pic of you meeting Isaac is AWESOME! I hope you have that framed somewhere. What a treasure! Isnt' GOD good!?

I, too, agree the pic of you and Isaac at the CrossWay Shower is my favorite of you 2! :)

Hope y'all are still mending and maybe we will see you Sunday. Happy New Year! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great summary of the year! I really enjoyed it too. And I agree with everyone about the picture taken when you all first met Isaac. When he sees it one day I think he'll be able to feel the love you had for him at that moment all over again. Thank you for sharing that with us.
I hope everyone is on the mend and that the last month or so of your belly baby time isn't too uncomfortable.
Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Coach K -


Not sure if you remember me from back in the day in 9th grade and good old Saint Charles! But Alyssa/English gave me your blog website and I have been reading it over the past few months. First off - congrats on Isaac as well as the new member to soon come into your family! Your devotion to life is very inspiring! I hope all else is well and I look forward to continuing following your writings!

Janan Christie

Anonymous said...

i agree your idea ! very nice blog

Anonymous said...

Different people have different life, different people have different interpretations of human life, you may pay more attention small links, so you have style!