Sunday, January 25, 2009

Quick Sunday update

Not much to report. I am doing well and am in good spirits especially after having JB home with me all weekend. I'm uncomfortable and anxious to get this show on the road but otherwise, doing well. Contractions are still present off and on through the day and night, but I have been blessed by having good sleep the last two evenings. My due date is Friday, January 30, and my next appointment is Tuesday, January 27.

Currently, Dr. G. has set a final induction date of Thursday, February 5. However, we are planning and hoping that I will go into labor by myself before that. There is also the possibility that if my Bishop Score is good enough at any point before February 5, we would consider induction sooner mainly based on Elijah's proposed size. As I have mentioned previously, inducing before you are ready exponentially increases your chances of a c-section. If I ended up going all the way to February 5 and my Bishop Score was still low, they would add a procedure called "cervical ripening" which would help improve my odds for a successful induction. The only downside to this is that it usually means an extra day in the hospital as they do the ripening and then do the induction the next day.

I'll keep you posted but as always, if you don't see news on the blog, assume I am still on the sofa, waiting (not-so) patiently for our second little boy to arrive.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know based on your upcoming arrival that this may not be the best time to ask, we'll certainly be patient! I found your blog through a friend's blog and it has been incredibly encouraging as my husband & I struggle with infertility. We're now discussing how far we will go down the fertility pathway. We're curious as to how you handled the ethical, biblical perspective as you approached IVF. There is obviously much to consider but with your experience we'd love to hear from you!

AW said...

Confession time: I come here about every 4 hours for an update. These contractions really got me excited, so I can only imagine what you're going through. LOL!

But I'm still praying that Elijah come when the Lord has his entrance planned...whenever that is. Maybe he'll be like JK and labor will start the night before you're set to induce? (Which should have been my first clue on the personality of my child: he has his own agenda and doesn't like getting forced into anything. LOL!)

Erica said...

I can't wait to see little Elijah! He will be here before you know it. In the meantime, you should probably keep sleeping as much as possible while you have such a good little boy. I wonder if you'll get as lucky the 2nd time around. :)

TAV said...

Wendi- i had a delivery last night from IUI and when the baby came there were so many tears of joy for what the parents had waited so long for... i couldn't help but think of you. i haven't been so moved in a long time. i wish i could be at your delivery! :) praying it will be soon!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Tara -- wishing YOU could be there for our delivery! Any chance you can fly in?!?!