Friday, January 02, 2009

Daily Devotional

My devotional time this morning had some great insight for me. Just wanted to share it with all of you. Praying it meets some of you exactly where you are today as well.

"Have you been asking God what He is going to do? He will never tell you. God does not tell you what He is going to do -- He reveals to you who He is. Do you believe in a miracle-working God, and will you 'go out' in complete surrender to Him until you are not surprised one iota by anything he does? Believe God is always the God you know Him to be when you are nearest to Him. Then think how unnecessary and disrespectful worry is." -- Oswald Chambers; My Utmost for His Highest

"As you spend time with Me, your thoughts tend to jump ahead to today's plans and problems. Bring your mind back to me for refreshment and renewal. Let the light of My presence soak into you, as you focus your thoughts on Me. Thus I equip you to face whatever the day brings. This sacrifice of time pleases me and stregnthens you. Do not skimp on our time together. Resist the clamor of tasks waiting to be done. You have chosen what is better and it will not be taken away from you." -- Sarah Young, Jesus Calling

"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28

P.S. Need to wish Kelly a happy birthday as well. Glad you are still a half year older than me Kel! ;) Kelly and I have been friends since the day I was born -- cabbage patch kids and barbies have been replaced my her four kids and my almost two. Happy Birthday Kelly!

1 comment:

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Thanks Wendi!
I needed this if no one else did! :)