Monday, January 19, 2009

Eleven days

How is it that the last three weeks of pregnancy is longer than the entire thirty-seven weeks preceding it? I am still trying to figure that one out.

"Doctor JB" has nixed my "Moms in Motions" classes two times a week. I really enjoy the class, but by the time I get home, I am even more useless around the house than I am before the class. He said that since I am going to deliver "any day", it's okay to take a brief siesta from exercise. I had to agree. I am proud of myself for managing daily exercise through about thirty-six weeks and managing a few times a week through thirty-eight. I think I'll just lay low here for the last few days/weeks. Since walking is difficult, exercise has nearly become impossible.

I'm not sure what I would do if JB were on a difficult rotation right now. As it is, he is usually home by 5:30pm at the latest. What a Godsend! I do fairly well throughout the day, especially if I make myself lie down a few times and avoid "puttering" as my husband calls it. Those of you who know me personally, know that I am not the type of person to just sit around. I like to keep moving, and sitting in one place for too long really bores me. However, I have had to change this line of thinking the last few weeks and try to keep myself in one spot for longer periods so as to not be unable to walk by the end of the day. This seems to help with some of the lower back pain I have been having.

I have so longed to be pregnant that it is hard for me to admit that I am praying in incredible earnest for this pregnancy to reach its completion. Not only do I want to meet Elijah, but I really want to be able to maneuver easier. I want to get up and down off the floor to play with Isaac without having to plan my ascent! I want to be able to go for walks and runs with Scrubs and not have to ask JB for help with so many little things.

I have been assured that this is very typical for the end of pregnancy. John tells me that he can determine whether one of his patients is close to delivery simply by how they walk into the exam room. Are they comfortable and carefree? Or are they begging him to please allow the baby to come that day? Two weeks ago, JB told me he didn't think I was ready. "You are still too comfortable," he laughed. But yesterday he admitted that I now appear quite ready to go. We have good laughs watching me attempt to roll out of bed or get up from the couch. I've never been graceful, but I am even less graceful now.

My next OB appointment is on Friday. If you think of it, please pray that if I have not gone by then, that I am looking favorable for delivery and that we can schedule an induction for next week instead of the week after.

I will, of course, keep the blog posted!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I've become addicted to your blog because of your amazing life story and beautiful writing... can I make a request?? Are you willing to write about how you feel about the upcoming labor and delivery? What is your plan, are you anxious, do you have any fears of the pain or recovery? I'm probably most interested because I am due with a baby myself in just three weeks after years of infertility, so our lives have paralled just a bit and this is one area I would love for you to write about :) I hope it's not too personal...

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

YEP! Remember and DON'T miss those last days!

I LOVE being pregnant but not the last days...YUCK! :)

Love you and can't wait to meet Elijah! :)

Anonymous said...

I think you should submit one of your blog entries to www.seriouslifemagazine.com. To learn more go to www.riggsfamilyblog.com

Shelly (found your blog from HP)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Thanks Shelly! I sent him an email!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Okay Anonymous! Great request. Hopefully I'll get this posted soon!

AW said...

It's funny (ironic) to me Wendi...that for so many years I longed so deeply to be pregnant. And both with JK and with this one, I've realized I really DON'T ENJOY being pregnant. I've struggled with bleeding, worry, severe nausea, vomiting, rashes, heartburn, reduced libido (sorry if that's TMI), stretched skin, uncomfortable breathing, ill-fitting clothes...the list could go on. I'm fearful that sounds so ungrateful, especially to all of my IF sisters that still await their beloved children.

BUT...

I remember now, when we started the adoption process several years ago...I didn't care how I got the child, I just wanted to be a MOMMY. Be it through pregnancy, a plane to Beijing, or a baby landing on my front porch...I DIDN'T CARE! And these two pregnancies have reinforced to me, (for my situation ONLY, nobody else's) that the vehicle that the Lord provides my child is truly no matter. The fact that He answered my prayers (in His own time), was what makes me so incredibly grateful!