Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rachel is my best friend!



Okay Rachel S. You are my new best friend! No, seriously. You really are!

Rachel found a perfect jogger for our family. I've included a picture above. But what's even cooler than what you can see in the picture is that you can purchase a "car seat adaptor" which allows you to jog with little tiny babies under six months old!

JB and I spent nearly three days discussing this jogger and whether the money was truly worth it. In the end, we splurged. I am incredibly frugal (JB calls me "cheap" but I prefer the word frugal) so anything over a Craig's List $25.00 jogger seems like a lot to me. However, if Rachel's husband Hans (a bit cheap himself) could agree to let her buy one of these, surely it was okay for me too! Now that the purchase has been made, I am incredibly excited to get this thing on the road.

(Okay, first things first. I need to deliver the baby and get him home and stuff like that. All right, all right . . .)

Truth be told though, other than a car seat for Isaac, our friends and family so blessed us in preparation for Isaac's birth (which subsequently carries over to Elijah's birth) that we have not made one major purchase for our boys. Isaac was six months old before I ran out of Target gift certificates and had to actually spend our own money on formula. And to this day, we have only purchased one package of diapers thanks to gifts and gift certificates. We did purchase a carseat for Isaac, but truly, our needs have been so limited thanks to the showerings of blessings we received from so many people -- including a lot of you reading this today.
But this jogger . . . this jogger was the one thing I reallllllyyyy wanted. We actually did receive a jogger from my sister-in-law AD and her mom when Isaac was born. But the news of Elijah meant that by the time I could run with Isaac, I'd be really too big to run with Isaac. And by the time I could run with Isaac, I'd need a double stroller. So I sold the single jogger on Craig's List. I got nearly what AD and her mom paid for the jogger and was able to apply that money to my new jogger! So thanks AD and AD's mom!

But seriously. This jogger means that as soon as I get my six week post-delivery clearance, I can start running with the whole family! I don't have to wait until Elijah is six months old to start running. How cool is that?

Not that running with two babies and a dog doesn't intimidate me just slightly. That's a lot of responsibility hinging on my (lack of) running skills. (Seriously, I talk about running a lot, and I love it, but I am really bad at it. I am not a good runner like the Hans/Rachel combo whatsoever. She could probably run with six babies and six dogs without blinking an eye. Hans could probably take a whole town with him!)

However, I have seen two different families running that encourages me that my dream is possible.

One gal on base runs with a triple stroller and her dog. Another gal on base runs with her double stroller and her two dogs. Both of these trump me! So surely I can handle just three variables if they have both tackled four.

Anyways, I'm pumped. I'll make sure to take a picture the first time I venture out post-baby! Stay tuned.
P.S. Thanks to all of you who have let me know you are following my blog. I hit 50 followers tonight! Please add yourself if you are following. It's way cool to know who is actually visiting our defrosting polar north family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wendi! You crack me up! I've had a tough night and your post made me smile! Thanks!! You should probably mention that we didn't buy a DOUBLE stroller, though! ha ha!

My last internet check will be Sat morning...please have Elijah by then!! I won't be able to stand a whole week without knowing what's going on!! :-)

Love ya!

Rachel and Hans said...

Wait. I agreed to spend more than $25 on a stroller??? When??? She must have asked me when I was watching ESPN or something. I always agree with everything when I'm watching ESPN. It is a terrible fault of mine. Shoot. Hopefully I can still cancel our order. I'll check.
I'm glad it works for you though Wendi.

Hans

Gabbs said...

LOL @ Hans.

Tell Elijah that Aunt Gabbi says "Hurry up!" :)

TAV said...

ha ha. i think that les and i, your fellow cheapies, are thrilled at your purchase!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm following your story! I live in Texas. I have serious infertility issues as well but now have 2 sons.

JenH

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

How exciting for you! :)