Thursday, January 08, 2009

OB Update

Had my 37 week appointment today and everything looks great. Here's a quick little rundown:
  • Dr. G's guess it that baby is currently 7 pounds, 2 ounces. (She is a very good guesser!) At this rate, if I go 40 weeks, baby will probably be right around 8.5-9 pounds.
  • Blood pressure and pulse are excellent.
  • Weight is actually down from last week. This probably has to do with a decreased appetite and just some end-of-pregnancy nausea. Dr. G. is not concerned at all about this -- even if I didn't gain any more weight at all.
  • We briefly discussed Dr. G's own adoption which is set to occur at any moment as well. We discussed some back-up physicians in case her birth mother and I go at the same time. We also discussed induction possibilities in order for me to assure she delivers my baby. We'll make more decisions on this based on how ready my cervix is and how things are looking as time advances.
  • I've been having some contractions on and off for the last few days. This is a good "sign" but really means nothing -- it could be hours, days, or weeks at this point.

I think that's really all there is to report. Next appointment is scheduled for Wednesday next week. Stay tuned . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

Holy cow, Wendi! I cannot believe you're 37 weeks already! I've been reading all along, but for some reason, when I saw 37 weeks today, it totally shocked me! Hope you feel better as you wait this last little bit out. SO exciting! You're in my thoughts and prayers! Katie

Anonymous said...

Did you ever think you'd get this far? You look great! I was catching up on your blog and noticed that you are signing with Isaac. If you need some good videos "Baby Signing Time" is great! www.babysigningtime.com Both my kids loved them and we all learned our sign language skills from them! Just a fun "mom" tip! I'll keep reading... Roberta

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! :)