Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Getting closer . . .

Last night I started having some pretty regular contractions about 6-7 minutes apart but with no major cervical change. The contractions weren't intense, and I was able to fall asleep relatively easily. They woke me up a few times, but for the most part, I could sleep through them.

Today I woke up and started my day but had some pretty intense pain that wouldn't go away in my lower abdomen. When Isaac got up from his nap, I could barely get him out of his crib and was really having trouble getting him from place to place. I called JB, he spoke to Dr. G. and she said to come on up to labor & delivery. JB came home to help me with Isaac and get me up there.

Well we just got home from labor & delivery. I am having some pretty regular contractions and there has been some cervical change. Dr. G. thinks I will be going sooner rather than later but because I am not dilated much at all yet, there was no need to stay at the hospital. However, being as I have never done this before, I wasn't sure what I am having is contractions. Sure enough, they are contractions.

Of course, the contractions could stop altogether and it could still be another week (or two! yikes!), but we are all hopeful that Elijah is preparing to make his debut. I will keep you posted and once I go in, JB will try to stay in touch with Joia and keep you posted since he doesn't have access to the blog from the hospital.

Please pray that Elijah doesn't decide to stay in his den too long. We feel very ready to get this show on the road!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!! I am READY to blog the news! =0)

AW said...

Yippeeee! Come out, come out wherever you are little Elijah!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Best of luck with everything, whenever Elijah does decide to make his grand entrance!

Rabens Family said...

Make sure and call me if you need anything.

I give you permission to miss Caregroup tomorrow night if you are in labor. :)

Tara said...

I hope this is it! And I'm sure you will be much more comfortable waiting it out for now at home instead of at the hospital, even though it might be frustrating to have been sent home.
Can't wait to hear the news..I hope you get rest, rest, rest until you actually go into labor!!!

Amy T. S. said...

This is bringing back so many memories for me, Wendi. Except I was not ready for A to be born and wanted him to stay in until the last minute! He didn't. Hoping Elijah will be born 38w 4d just like A!

Alyson said...

I love your blog.
Tonight I will be sure to say a special prayer for little Elijah to come out and meet his family. I will pray that you have an easy labor and delivery and can't wait to read all about baby Elijah.
Alyson

Anonymous said...

Oh - glad you are having some labor signs!!

will be praying...

Amy T. S. said...

Oh, that's today!

Hey - my word verification word is abless. You are abless.

TAV said...

this is so exciting!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited - the time for our miracle baby, "Elijah", is near!!

I think your view on "pain management" is right on.

Praying for all of you here up here in frigid Indiana.

Love,
Aunt Linda