Today our "lil' snapper" (a saying from a shirt with a little crab on it that we adopted) as we like to call him turns five months old. Elijah's milestones include:
- Rolling from back to front (over his right side) about a thousand times a day (followed by a huge burp-up and a face that looks like a snowman, a bit of anger, help rolling back over, and a start again).
- Lots of giggling especially when you raise his hands above his head.
- Lots of smiles especially at big brother Isaac.
- An occasional roll from stomach to back.
- Much improved head movement looking to the left.
- Holding things (and dropping them).
- Grabbing for things but fairly irregularly and randomly. We haven't seen a conscious "grab" yet.
- Sleeps on stomach at night and usually at naps. (I put him down on his back but he rolls over).
- Goes to bed at about 8pm and wakes up at about 6am fairly consistently.
- Currently drinking 6, eight ounce bottles a day. He knows how much he wants and doesn't take no for an answer.
Elijah's enjoyments include:
- Elijah loves his baths.
- He loves to be kissed on the cheeks.
- He loves to be held and wants you to be in the room with him. We, in fact, just moved the swing into the living room even though it doesn't fit in there at all because he doesn't like to be in it unless we are near him.
- Elijah likes to squirm around. He moves all over the place.
Elijah is turning into a really sweet little boy. As his feeding has gotten worked out, we have found that he cries TONS less and is content most of the day. We used to joke because Elijah could go from happy to sad in mere miliseconds. We haven't seen that as much lately. He is much more content and settled and cries a lot less lately. In the past few days, Isaac has been a bit more challenging to us as he starts to exert his will. Suddenly Elijah has been the "easy one." This was never the case before. JB called him our little "stealth bomber" the other day as lately, with all of Isaac's adventures, Elijah has been majorly flying under the radar. I fall more and more in love with him every single day. I have been enjoying my time with him in the early mornings before Isaac wakes up.(Isaac has been sleeping until 8:30 and yesterday ... 9:30!)
We love you little boy! Thank you Lord for giving Him to us. He was surely worth the wait.