Friday, June 26, 2009

An evening out

What a great evening we had last night! I'm not sure the last time JB and I have gotten dressed up and gone out, but it's been awhile. John has worked an incredible amount of hours this week. When he comes off of call on Sunday morning, we have estimated that he will have worked nearly 95 hours! In addition, he had to use his free-time during the last week after the boys went to bed to work on the video for the banquet. It was quite hectic. So needless to say, a night out together, was just what the doctor ordered.

It was a great evening of socializing, eating, and watching a video put on by each of the classes. JB and Matt presented their class' video for the second year in a row, and for the second year in a row did a fantastic job. I did, however, tell them that they HAVE to get it done earlier in the year next year and not wait until the last minute. On Wednesday night, JB was up until midnight and Matt until the wee hours of the morning a few nights in a row. Next year, we'll be moving and they'll be graduating and we'll have this banquet all in one week! We can't have any late night video sessions. Hopefully they will heed Tiff and my advice!
All righty, on to the pictures. (More, as always, on Joia's blog although I think for the first time ever, I got more photos than she did. But that was only because her batteries died.) I brought our good camera which takes such better photos then my cheap little one. Enjoy!


JB outside the Officer's Club. Look at that view. The room we are in is floor to ceiling windows with this view for everyone to see!

Not so zoomed in.

Rob (whose wife Sarah was not there) with his award for OBGYN resident of the year. Rob was so shocked he won this and ran up to receive it as if he had won a marathon. It was hillarious!

Kacey with Dee (a graduating third year.) Kacey is the resident who was in the delivery room when Elijah made his debut! She is getting married in November.

Little Moriah in her beautiful dress. Joia almost missed out on the evening due to Keenan being a bit under the weather. But God worked it all out and she was able to join us. She did bring Moriah (the only kid present) who was an absolute trooper and looked sooo pretty in her little dress.


Cliff and Jodi (sportin' her new hair-do). Isn't it cute?! Jodi's laughing in this photo.

Eric and Andrea outside in their matching attire.


I love this photo. They are blocking the sun right before the photo, but it soooo looks like they are saluting.

I love this picture of Tiff and Joia.


Tiffany and Matt. Tiffany will be having a little girl, Reagan, in October!


Some of my dearest friends: Joia, Kacey, Tiffany, Jodi, and Brittney (who is moving on Tuesday.)

Four of the six wifia members: me, Joia, Tiff, and Jodi. Andrea had already left and Sarah was absent for the second year in a row! Bummer!


Our babysitters were FANTASTIC. They have a bunch of little brothers and sisters themselves so they felt totally comfortable with our two babes. I had told them they could leave Scrubs in the laundry room, but they felt so courageous that when we came home, he was out running around too! Casey will return to college in the fall, but I asked Mary, who is going to college locally, if she'd feel comfortable babysitting solo, and she said absolutely! Hurrah!M

I have really been praying that with Bobbie (and her girls) and Brittney's departures I would find some new people I felt comfortable leaving the boys with. I don't know why I am so surprised when He comes through and answers my prayers. I also got an email from my friend Kendra yesterday who said she would be willing to help us when we need it as well. And our neighbor, who is fourteen, is just getting into babysitting as well, and she and her mom would like to come over together to allow her to practice. Then I also have Jodi and the other gals in our group. Thank you Lord for bringing people into my life who I can trust with our two little guys (and our big, annoying puppy.)
P.S. Joan and Bri should be here after lunch today. We can't wait to see them (and have them keep me company while JB is on call this weekend.)

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Looks like a great night out! You and JB look fab! :)

Joy Z said...

Casey and Mary are the best! They are so sweet! Glad you had fun.

TAV said...

love your hair!!! how did you do it?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I used some rollers to help the curl!