Wednesday, June 24, 2009

AC & the Mall

Well first of all . . . the really important stuff. We have air conditioning in our home again! The fix it guy finally came by at 10pm, and apparently it was a very basic maintenance procedure and the situation was quickly rectified. Thank goodness! The only downside was that once the air came on, our little boys sleeping in their diapers would get cold. We opted to sneak into their rooms, turn off their fans, shut their windows, and shut their vents, instead of waking them up to put more clothes on them. I let JB do the sneaking. I'm really bad at it. For one thing, I can't open a door quietly to save my life. For another, all my joints crack! I'd make a terrible thief.

Secondly, Joia got some cute pics of Isaac on his first ever carousel ride last night. Joia said he did very well for a "first timer." I guess most kids cry. Isaac didn't cry, but he did seem "concerned" most of the time. Here's a couple of photos, but Joia's blog has many more.



Today has been a busy day. This morning, a bunch of the first and second year resident spouses were going to get together at the splash pad on base for a little brunch. They also invited us "oldies" (the third years.) I wasn't planning on going, but at the last minute decided to jog there, let Isaac play for a bit, and jog back. So that's what we did.

At 11:30, I hosted wifia at my house. Everyone was there but Sarah so that meant seven kids. That being said, it was a pretty peaceful get-together. The kids played well together, and we moms even had a moment that all five of us were sitting together around the table at the same time. Quite an accomplishment.

I'm now waiting for the boys to get up from a nap so I can take dinner to a gal from my MOPS group who just had a baby. I broke my rule about "no more than one event a day" today, but since only one of them will include a car ride, I think it will be "just right."

4 comments:

Joia said...

I love the way you write! "I'd make a terrible thief!" Hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

Isaac the tough guy in his muscle shirt...Grrrr!! He looks just like his grandpa-coach!

Anonymous said...

I also cannot sneak and do anything in a quiet area because of my noisy joints. I'm blaming the jumping, pivoting, and start/stopping in HS sports. :) N can hear me coming up the stairs...

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

LOVE these pics and Joia's too!
Some of my favorite pics are E's first time on that carousel. Poor B the first time I took a pic of him on one he was in CA and almost 7. Poor baby...he has way less pics than his sis.

Ah well.
Thanks for sharing! FUN FUN!