Friday, June 05, 2009

Enjoying Grampa; Missing Daddy

JB left on Thursday afternoon for Tampa. He is attending a meeting for chief residents as the representative for Eglin's program. We are excited that he will only be gone until Saturday evening. It was supposed to be Sunday, but our church had already agreed to dedicate the boys on Sunday due to us being unable to attend the other dedication date for the second year in a row! Last year we were out of town, and this year JB was in Texas for the dedication Sunday. So this year we are having both boys dedicated on a different day than all the other families. How nice of our church to find a different day for us! Anyways, we found out about this meeting in Tampa after we had picked this Sunday to dedicate our sons. So JB definitely needed to be back in time for that. He'll miss the Sunday morning portion of the meeting to make it back in time.

We are also excited that Grampa Coach has been able to spend this week with us. It's a lot nicer having JB gone with someone here to help me. My Dad has been incredibly helpful. While he tries to stay away from changing diapers, he's been helping in all other areas -- even letting me go for a jog without the jogging stroller for a change -- which means watching both boys at the same time. He's been doing dishes, giving baths, feeding food, everything! It's been FANTASTIC! My Dad usually comes every summer for 1-2 weeks as he is a school teacher and has the time off. With all the help he has been giving me, I think he should stay for the entire summer!

Totally shifting gears ...

Becky wrote a comment on this morning's post which really touched me. She wrote: I love the responses you got to your post on "owing an explanation." I especially loved what anonymous said, "It was a huge miracle from the Lord." That is my favorite response because I have always thought of your story as exactly that - a huge miracle. I think it is an opportunity to give God all the glory every time you are asked. I think this can be done even without giving all the details. Your testimony is such an encouragement to us all that God's plan for us is SO much better than anything we could plan for ourselves. Truly He is able to do more than we could ever ask or imagine.

Thank you for this comment Becky. It really touched me. It helps me to know that my story provides encouragement and not pain to those who are still waiting. Your comment solidified my new response to people's questions. I plan to tell them that I have two boys close in age because it was "a huge miracle from the Lord." If they want more information, I can then use my "I don't remember which one was adopted" line! I am now really anticipating and excited for someone to ask me about the boys!

Speaking of miracles, I found this little onesie that someone had given us. I am embarrassed to admit I can't remember who blessed us with this. Anyone want to enlighten me? Either way, I think it is pretty fitting for our current lives. If Isaac could fit in it, I'd make sure to take a photo of him in it as well.


Shifting gears completely again, here are a couple of fun videos to share with you all.
This video features Isaac's new hobby and also shows him signing "please." I love the sign language but I especially love the sign "please." It has curbed so many temper tantrums because I can figure out what Isaac wants! I LOVE it!!


This next video was one I shot for my Mom. We wanted to show her what we were doing while she was working in Fort Lauderdale. We miss you Mom. We wish you were here.


6 comments:

Grama Di said...

No sireeeeee! Coach cannot stay there all summer. I will let him wash dishes etc here! Seriously, I'm glad you're having a good time and grampa coach is getting some good time with his 3 grands! Miss yous!!

Anonymous said...

George! I'm so proud of you. You're such a good grandpa. I think my favorite picture so far has to be you hammering Isaac's toes. :)
Have Fun and see you very soon.

Love, Linda

PS Sorry, I forgot to sign my name on the previous blog. I said, "Who would have ever thought you'd be in this dilemma".

And what a wonderful dilemma it is. God is good. A rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

Kelli said...

Such cute videos!! And I LOVE the onsie! Adorable!

TAV said...

don't let elijah spit up on my onesie!!!

rachel said...

I LOVE the video of Isaac signing "please"! So funny!!

That is so neat that your dad is there helping out...what a great grandpa!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Oh Tara!!! It was you! That's right. I just couldn't remember!