Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Shoes please

This morning, Isaac demonstrated his new found ability to express his opinion. He had just woken up, and after changing his diaper, I left his pajama bottoms off, as I normally do, and made him some milk. We then sat on the couch drinking milk -- Isaac in his pajama tops and diaper.

That's when he saw them. I had been cleaning out his diaper bag and had set his shoes and socks next to us on the couch in preparation for our trip to Elijah's therapy appointment later that morning. Isaac squirmed down off my lap and walked over to his shoes and socks. He quickly began making the sign for please. At first, I wasn't sure what he wanted. His shoes? He's never been crazy about having them on. But sure enough, after a bit of deduction, it was his shoes that he wanted.

I pulled him back up onto my lap and held up his socks. He vigorously began rubbing his belly indicating he wanted them on. I put them on and then stopped, figuring that was good enough. Surely he didn't want to put his shoes on, first thing in the morning. When I didn't respond to his shoe request, Isaac grabbed one of them himself and put it next to his foot. He wanted them on. Once I had put them on him, he was happy as could be and walked around the rest of the morning with his shoes on! You can tell from the picture how happy this made him.

4 comments:

Amy T. S. said...

That is so cute, and such a perfect picture! That one goes to the wedding reception for sure.

Joia said...

This is SUCH a cute picture of him!!

yuan family said...

He is so cute. I love his little Nike's!

Jenny said...

How cute!! He looks like such a big boy!