Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Some quick news and prayer requests

  • Isaac's surgery date for his ear has been set. He will go in for his pre-surgery consult on February 18 and then have his surgery on February 19. If you aren't aware, our little Isaac was born with a skin tag that actually has cartilage in it on his left ear. Most likely my mother-in-law or Joan will be here during that time which brings me great comfort. JB has also already secured February 19th as a vacation day so he can be with us for the entire day. Please pray for peace regarding Isaac's surgery. I'll post more details as the date draws closer.
  • Yesterday, JB found out that he has been elected Chief Resident for his last year here at Eglin AFB. These responsibilities will start during the summer as he transitions into his third year. Usually there are two chief residents, but as the program continues to grow, they have elected three for the upcoming year. I am especially excited that Joia's husband Philip will be doing it with him. The other gal, Kacey, is also fantastic so it should be a great team. There is usually one chief for every 10 people in the program and as this program nears 30 residents, they have added a third chief. This is some extra responsibility so your prayers for handling an extra piece to our already busy puzzle would be appreciated. Great job JB!
  • I spoke with Dr. G. yesterday. I have an appointment at 8am on Friday morning. She said to make plans to go straight up to L&D if I am ready when she checks me on Friday. We have decided that if I am ready, we will proceed with the induction as there are no guarantees we wouldn't be in the same position if we waited another week -- only with a bigger baby. I am just praying the Lord's will be done in this situation. I am trusting his perfect timing, but of course, the sooner the better as well. Your prayers for this would also be appreciated. If I am not ready, we will most likely wait the weekend and see what early next week brings.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!
Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I will continue to pray for you, Isaac, John, and Elijah's arrival. You are so much in my thoughts and prayers!!
Love you,
Joan

Anonymous said...

p.s. I asked God for an easy delivery....isn't that an oxymoron????? Joan

Anonymous said...

that would be oxycodone:)

Anonymous said...

Time is going so slooooooow! I feel for you, Wendi! Can't wait to see Elijah!
And congratulations,JB -pretty impressive news! (And Philip and Kacey) sounds like a great team:)
see you SOON:)
mom k

Jennifer said...

Yeah! I can't wait to see little Elijah!

AW said...

Congratulations JB!

Anonymous said...

ooooohhhh! :)I LIKE January 30th-but sooner is still great cuz no matter what this is HIS Birth day!!! love you and prayers...oom ed and tante jan :)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Joan I am praying that that is NOT an oxymoron!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

WOOO WHOOOOO!!! Friday sounds AWESOME! :)

crazystegmamaof4 said...

yes, there is such a thing as an easy labor/delivery...it's called epidural :) I'm rooting for Friday...that's our boy's b-day too! Can't wait to see that sweet new baby! Lots of prayers coming your way....

ReBenMyers said...

congrats all the way around. I hope it all goes very well. I will keep you and your babies in my prayers. God Bless your ever growing family.

Jen said...

Exciting exciting! Hope everything goes well on Friday and that you have another beautiful baby boy to snuggle with soon!

Anonymous said...

You're gonna do great Wendi and it will be just the right time. All will work peaceful and right. Give my Isaac kisses from me! I cannot wait to see my little guy.
Mom H.

Tim and Roxanne said...

Hey Wendi,
Boy it took me forever to get through all the post! since my last check in. I'm so excited for you, John and Isaac. All fantastic news! We will be praying for you as we head to be with my dad for his surgery. Lord willing we will be back by Tuesday and will be able to rejoice with you and the guys on the birth of Elijah. We love you all.
Rox

TAV said...

Congrats, John!
Congrats in advance to be soon-to-be parents!!!