Tuesday, January 04, 2011

I have continued to take a sleeping medicine (Doxylamine -- Unisom) that helps with nausea every night before bed. It has seemed to curb the nausea and helps me sleep. Two great items neatly rolled into one.

Last night, or make that, this morning, at 3am, Isaac’s voice came piercing over the monitor. He was soaked through his diaper. (They do not sell Huggies Overnights here and so we rely on them from gift-givers from the States. When they run low, pee-pee at night runs wild.)

Isaac was saying, “Daddy! Need Daddy! Daddy! Need Daddy!”

Now both JB and I have agreed that who they are calling is totally beside the point. The first person to hear it should get up. And if it can be me, since JB has to work in the morning, it should be. (Thus the reason the montior is on my side fo the bed.)

JB got up first. I followed and did help put the wet sheets in the dirty clothes and get another diaper and that sort of thing. But he definitely did the bulk of the work.

The next morning he said to me, “Did you hear Isaac calling?”

“Yes,” I started. “I heard it. But that sleep medication. I was trying to wake myself up but just felt like I couldn’t get up. I think they call it ‘dead to the world.’”

John laughed as he got out of bed and headed for the shower. “I think they call it ‘lazy’,” he said.

Yeah. Maybe that too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally on your side for that one! LOL. Regardless if you take a whole or a half pill those things make a person so sleepy. My OB never told me to take them at night. He just told me that a half of a Unisom may take away nausea. So I took it before I went to work. About an hour into my day I could barely keep my eyes open and couldn't figure out why. LOL. I wasn't nauseous anymore. :) I eventually figured it out and didn't take Unisom again.

Bethany

Joy Z said...

I would milk the sleep medicine for all it is worth! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Diapers are on the way.!!! ah, tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

When I run out of overnights I double up on the regular diapers with the second one on loosely. I have heard some people say they use a maxi pads inside the regular diaper for another fix. GL! Wet sheets are NO FUN!

Jenny in FL