Monday, January 10, 2011

Three tiers of Linda learning

My friend Linda wrote this blog the other day. It ministered to me on many levels. My friend Stebbs laughs because she says I put everything on tiers. All right. Yes I do. So Linda's post ministered to me on various tiers.

Tier 1: Her description of moving so much made my heart hurt. I haven't moved nearly as much as Linda. I went to the same school my whole life. But the last 15 years of my life have left me yearning for a "home." I so felt her on this.

Tier 2: "Niches" are a pain in the batookey. I mean why is that we end up so grouped. This was one of the hardest things for me about infertility. You are either newly married or married with children. But what about me? Ten years married. Nearing thirty. No kids? Help me fit in! But Linda is so right. To heck with the niches! We can find common ground with people just based on Jesus. Isn't he enough?

Tier 3: A girls' weekend and just some fellowship with the Lord and people in general! A few of us have planned a trip away for a few days. As sticking with my blog tradition, I won't provide details or dates until we get back, but I am so excited for a few days to sleep in and relax. I'm also hopeful to begin writing again on this weekend. The Lord brought numerous people into my life this last week to ask me "how your book is coming along?" Ugh. Not well. All reminded me to keep going. Not to quit. I am determined to start this up again. Soon!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, I made it onto your blog!! That's huge! I feel like a celebrity. Glad my post spoke to you in some way. I'm really looking forward to sharing with each other more in our new group!

Stacy said...

Have you shared on the blog what your book is about? I've contemplated starting to put a few chapters together of my own book (what, with my journalism degree and all), so I'm curious what you're writing about! But I understand if you're keeping it private.