Thursday, January 20, 2011

Forty-five seconds in our van

Here is just forty-five seconds of our ride home this morning after dropping JB off at work. Picturing this forty-five seconds, I am sure you can use your vivid imaginations to picture the rest of our day together!

Isaac: "Mommy, can I sit in the back seat?" (Referring to the two times I have buckled him into the back seat on Base when we had to drive William home.)

Mommy: "No, that is only a special treat."

Isaac: "When William comes, right?"

Mommy: "Right."

Isaac: "I can't do it now because I am allergic to eggs."

Mommy: "Huh?"

Isaac: "I'm allergic to eggs. Right Mommy?"

Mommy: "Yes, you are allergic to eggs."

Elijah: "No. I awergic to egg."

Isaac: (starts whining) "No! Not you Ewijah! Me! I am! I am allergic to eggs."

Elijah: "No. I awergic to egg."

Isaac: (whining louder) "No! I am allergic to eggs. Not you Ewijah!"

Mommy: "Isaac. Don't listen to Elijah. Just listen to Mommy. You are allergic to eggs. Elijah is not. It doesn't matter what he says." (Realizes the futility midway through of trying to reason with a two-year-old.)

Elijah: "No. I awergic to egg."

Isaac: (continues whining) "No Ewijah. No."

Mommy: (changes subject) "Here we come to our house!"

Elijah: "My house!"

*Isaac: "No, it's not your house Ewijah. It's God's house." (Referring to the fact that we try to teach them that everything belongs to God and we are just borrowing it.)

Elijah: "God's house. Borrow. It."

Isaac: "Yeah."

Elijah: "Home again! My. House."

Isaac: "No, it's not your house. It's God's house."

Elijah: "God's house. Share. It."

Isaac: "Yeah. Hey, Ewijah. I have a surprise."

Elijah: "A sa-pize? For meeeeee?"

Isaac: "Yeah." (He has no surprise but Elijah doesn't care. He is just infatuated with the idea of a surprise that might possibly be for him.)

Elijah: "A sa-pize? For meeeee?"

Isaac: (Changes subjects himself.) "Mommy? If I go pee-pee in the potty I will get ice cream?"

Mommy: "Yes. Do you want to go pee-pee in the potty when we get home?"

Isaac: "Ummmm. No. I don't think so."

Mommy: "Are you sure? Do you want to try?"

Isaac: "Maybe not."

Mommy: "Okay. Elijah? Do you want to try?"

Elijah: "Ya! Pee pee potty ... num-n-nums!" (He choose m&m's instead of ice cream.)

Isaac: "Ewijah does pee-pee in the potty."

Mommy: "He does! Do you want to?"

Isaac: "Ummmm. No. I think no."

Mommy: (car pulls up at house.) "We are home!"

Elijah: "Home again! My house!"

Isaac: "Ewijah. No. It's not your house. It's God's house."

Refer to starred line above to see where this conversation goes next. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too funny! Thanks for sharing and writing down all the details of the conversation.
I also love it that you already teach your boys that everything we have is borrowed. (No, not your boys, God's boys :) )
Rinette

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! made my day! Tante Jan

Vannessa said...

Ha ha - hilarious! I love reading your blog. I am in SA and it is interesting reading about people travelling to foreign countries and learning to adapt to different cultures. I especially love reading about your boys. My son is 18 months old now and I really don't know how you've managed to stay sane with 2 toddlers on your hands! I haven't dealt with infertility but have friends who have. I have however had to deal with losing a baby so can identify in a way with grief, though of a different sort.
I am being very forward here in commenting as I have an ulterior motive. I have entered my lo in a competition which relies on votes to get him through to the final. Part of the prize is a trip to a resort in Northern SA (I am in the south) and winning it would mean I get to see my brother and his family who I haven't seen in years. So, sorry, I am unashamedly looking for votes. You can vote once a day every day until the end of Jan. http://www.calorababy.co.za/competition/mitchellmeiring

Brittny said...

hahahahaha!!!!!! i love it!!!

AW said...

Hahaha! I love it. We have similar conversations in our home. JK (like Isaac) has strong verbal skills and doesn't comprehend why Bubs doesn't. He always tell Bubs, "Brudder, use your big boy words", when Bubs babbles. LOL!

TAV said...

This made me smile!!!

Gabbs said...

LOL too funny!!