Thursday, January 06, 2011

Play dough -- Sigh!


I made the decision early on in our play-dough experience that the desire to keep colors separated must be released from the natural fibers of our being as humans.

And so, I have released.

(It wasn't easy.)

Today, I let the boys open many different colors. I've done this before but not without me sitting there doing play-dough with them.

Today I just let them play away. Make spaghetti. Mix colors. Whatever. I mean seriously. Play-dough is like 97 cents per container. I think I can just let the need to control it go.

I also think they need to learn to clean up without me micro-managing that all the time. So today, they did it all themselves. The result is indicated above. They simply threw everything you see above into one drawer!

Gotta love two little boys and play-dough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome mom! I'd like to come to your house to play!