Monday, December 15, 2008

Thanks and wake-ups

First of all, thanks to everyone who posted an encouraging comment following my last blog regarding kennelling Scrubs. To answer your questions, yes, my reason for trying not to have Scrubs in his kennel when we leave is because I feel guilty. I want him to have more room and be a "grown-up" dog. But I agree with what many of you said. He is still young, especially for Dalmatians who tend to leave puppy-land around three years old. And he does like his kennel. As soon as he sees us heading to the door to leave, he runs in and waits for his treat. He is also not in it very often as I am home a good portion of everyday. He can't handle being left out yet (as proved by the lack of handle on the kennel door now), and that's okay! Your comments really helped my guilt level about having to kennel him. I thought I was the only one with a dog who couldn't handle this!

Secondly, last night was a whirlwind in our house. Not only was it the finale' of Survivor (one of my least favorite seasons by the way), but as the show neared its end, I had a bit of a bleeding scare. Thank goodness I am married to a doctor who immediately took control of the situation, told me it was probably something very minor, and called my doctor (his boss) to discuss. They decided to monitor me at home for an hour and see if the bleeding subsided which it quickly did. Elijah was moving fine, and an hour of monitoring at home was all it took to determine that all was well -- no trip into the hospital at 10pm required -- thank goodness! I was already thinking: I need a shower, we need to get Isaac somewhere, we need to get Scrubs pottied and settled, etc. when JB told me that we could stay home for a bit first. I was so happy to hear that.

. . . and then Isaac, who is still under the weather, woke up in the middle of the night crying for the first time since he was three months old! I guess that's a pretty good run wouldn't you say?! He has been sleeping through the night since he was eight weeks old, but still had a few wake-ups here and there until he was twelve weeks old. However, since then, the child has slept 11-12 hours every night without fail. I know, I know. He's spoiled me rotten. (I won't even discuss the fact that he takes three naps for about two hours a piece a day, with no complaining at all.)

Anyways, it was so unusual to hear him crying at 2am that both JB and I got up to investigate. He was dirty and hungry, probably due to the fact that he has been eating so little and losing about half of what he does manage to eat. I changed him, Daddy gave him a bottle, and they looked at the Christmas lights on the tree for about twenty minutes, before he easily went back to sleep. Poor little guy! I'm really hoping he starts feeling better soon.

JB is starting his urology rotation today. It was so nice to get up, out of the same bed, together this morning instead of waking him from the guest room and watch him climb in the car for the 90 minute drive to Pensacola. I am watching Jocelyn this morning and Keenan this afternoon and trying to get a bit of work done here and there while also trying to catch up on some scrap booking.

Please continue to pray for this pregnancy and our little Elijah. Just a little under seven weeks to go!

2 comments:

TMac said...

7 weeks??? THAT'S CRAZY!!! I can't believe in less then 2 months your little one will be here! You shall have a busy house!!!

Congrats!

~Talley

Anonymous said...

It will be so nice to have your folks there for a bit after all Isaac (and you!) have been thru these past few weeks! phew! good ol' moms (and dads!)
xo Tante Jan