Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas party (without the hubby)

JB was on call yesterday. Actually, it was our friend Matt's call date. However, they decided to switch for two reasons. The first is that Matt wanted to get out of town for the Christmas holiday a day early. The second is that JB has been scheduled for call the weekend before and the weekend after I am due in January! Talk about bad timing! So he and Matt decided to switch days. JB took this call date for Matt, and Matt will take one of those two call dates for JB -- depending on which one we need him for.

I spent the day getting some work done for RLS, taking Scrubs and Isaac to the bay, working on Christmas cards, and trying to start making and working on a list of things we need to do before Elijah joins our home. Joia and Andrea both going three weeks early has even calm, cool, and collected JB a little flustered! ;) If I were to go three weeks early, I'd be going in three weeks! We are not ready for that. Of course, this is my first delivery and it was both of their seconds. Hopefully that means I'll be closer to on-time.

As much as I am ready to get this little guy's feet out of my ribs, going early would mean less time with Isaac, less time for preparation, and more gaps when I do not have help present. I took a breast feeding class the other day and the lady running the classes first question to me was "Are you going to have help when this baby comes?" Uh, yeah. Does she think I am crazy! We are blessed that my mother-in-law, Joan, and my mom are all going to spend some time here with us. In addition, Tara and Lesley are also hoping to get to spend some time here with their men by their sides. What a blessing to have great family and friends.

Last night I decided to tag along with Philip, Joia, and their now two children to the annual resident Christmas party (held at my doctor's house -- Dr. G.) Our families were actually the only representatives from the second year class! There were a TON of people there and it was difficult to maneuver through the masses. At one point, an anonymous three-year-old came up to Isaac, grabbed his little Dalmatian dog, and went running. I had no idea who she was, where she came from, or where she went with his favorite toy. It took me nearly five minutes to find her in a back bedroom, dog in hand. She did relinquish rights easily, however, which made me feel less badly about tracking her down!

Leave it to Joia to snap some shots of our evening. Here are a few pics (stolen from her blog).

Babies everywhere. Here is new baby Moriah (pronounced More-iah not Ma-riah) with Isaac (who is kindly hiding his brother.) Isaac was a bit in shell-shock mode the entire evening -- I think it was due to the sheer number of people present. Two times I walked out of the room, and Isaac freaked a little bit. "Who are all these people and where is my Mommy!?"


Isaac and I chilling with John and Becky. Isaac LOVED John. I think he reminded him of his own John whom he hadn't seen all day. John and Becky are currently pregnant and expecting via IVF! They find out if there is one or two babies present on Monday! Please keep them in your prayers during this exciting time.

Rick is a third year resident. His wife is my role model with her two active twin girls. Here he is with Philip and Keenan -- one of Isaac's greatest fans.
Following the party, I headed up to the residency room to see JB. He had a few free minutes, and Isaac and I hung out with him as well as the other resident on call -- a first year and his wife. We were glad to get to spend a few free minutes as a family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you email me: mcbratz-girl@hotmail.co.uk, i have some question wanna ask you.thanks

Anonymous said...

I love very broad, I like some of the ancient culture, like modern architecture, and now I am fat, I like your BLOG!