Monday, December 22, 2008

Polar North blog saves a life . . .

I got this email from my sister-in-law AD last week who is due to have her first baby six weeks after me -- a little girl.

Now AD is, admittedly, not the best blog reader ever. She likes the pictures, and is a self-professed "skimmer". However, she was glad she didn't skim on my post about leg cramps! It saved her life!

Your blog saved my life....ok not my life, but I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst cramp in my calf so I tried to pull my foot back and that didn't work and I thought...maybe this is training for labor so I'll just breathe and see what happens if I relax....OK, so I am not brilliant at 3 AM. But then I remembered you saying that you limped around one night with a leg cramp so I got out of bed and walked around, WAY BETTER! It is still sore, but I've been doing stretches before bed. Thank God for your blog and its priceless information. Love you, AD

Just a note to anyone who has leg cramps, pregnant or not. GET OUT OF BED! Do not try to solve the cramp in bed. It will only get worse. Or you'll cramp something else. I cannot tell you the number of times that while trying to get a cramp out of my calf, I got a new one in my thigh or foot. Not cool at all. Move around until you find a position that the cramp hurts the least in and then remain in that position until you are SURE the cramp has gone.

My cramps have gotten a tad bit better, but they are still present and quite annoying. At least my pain helped save AD's life!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also suffering from leg cramps just about every other night! I had them with Hannah and naively thought I had lucked out this pregnancy... but, they started up a week or so ago. I hadn't heard the get out of bed and walk trick (I'll be sure to try this). Everything I ever read said flex your foot. Thanks for the advice, maybe it will help me out in the next 14 weeks!

Jenny Wilson
Stuttgart, Germany

TAV said...

Did I miss AD's pregnancy announcement?!?! I'm out of the loop! That's so awesome your kids will be little cousins just about the SAME AGE!!!! Wow.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Not sure if I put one up or not? It was a secret for awhile so I was waiting for the final approval. She is due in March. My parents will have three grandchildren under 10 months old!

Anonymous said...

can u leave ur phone number to me???

Anonymous said...

It seems I come to the right place, because I found something I like, and sometimes things are really looking for opportunities to take!
Personalized signatures:贵阳川麻将,泰兴麻将,泰州卡子麻将,宜宾麻将,常德转转麻将,常州麻将,东北麻将