Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tagged (another time)

I was tagged by my friend Aimee. She is a friend from Mayo Clinic. She tagged me awhile ago, and I started the post right away. But it has taken me some time to think of all the things I should include in this blog. So . . . here's how it works.

1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3.) Write 6 random things about yourself.
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

So six random things . . .

  1. I drive with the cruise control on, like, all the time. In the city, in town, on the highways, in on base. You name it. I am so worried about speeding, and cruise keeps things in check. The bad news is, my car won't set cruise under 25 mph. This is no help at all in our neighborhood which is 20 mph. Unfortunately, even 2 mph over the set speed limit on base can result in a ticket. A ticket results in a series of punishments including a one week minimum loss of base driving privileges and eventually, your husband can even get in trouble for your bad driving! I've really got to focus when the speed limit is under 25 mph!

  2. I don't like to drink my calories. I usually only drink water, and I crave it! I also do not like hot drinks. No coffee or tea for this gal. Even hot chocolate is reserved for rare occasions. I'll get an apple cider on occasion, but that's it. In high school I gave up caffeinated drinks altogether because I was such a stinky sleeper. If I drink anything but water it is lemonade or some sort of 100% juice. I also always like to drink with a straw in restaurants. And I don't like lemon in my water. If I wanted lemonade, I'd have ordered it! (And I watched some special on the germs found on lemons and it completely freaked me out.)

  3. In recent weeks, I have really come to terms with being tall. I'm not sure why but all of a sudden, I have quit caring so much, but I really have. In Publix the other night, my checkout lady asked me, "How long did it take you to find a husband tall enough for me to marry?" and I didn't get offended even a little bit. However, despite coming to terms with this fact about myself, the one thing I really wish that I could do is wear funky shoes and buy pants in any store!

  4. I have never ice skated or down hill skied. However, I am actually a pretty decent roller skater! I also love to miniature golf. These things are not really related at all, but hey, they are random, right? More random: I have never participated in any high-risk "athletic" type of activity. No bungy jumping or sky diving for this chick! Ever! Mark my words on that one folks.

  5. The only time I can remember cheating in school was in the second grade. I ended up confessing to my teacher, the guilt was eating me up so badly. I cheated on a spelling test. I also technically cheated in middle school when I let another girl see my answers so that she would like me more and quit picking on me. How stupid is that? I confessed to that one too. While I caused my parents a lot of grief, the one thing I just never did, and still can't do easily is lie. It bothers me too much.

  6. When I was five, I got locked in a PE locker with my foster brother, John. I'm not sure how long we were in there, but we were in there long enough that when we finally got out, I had a big gash on my leg that I couldn't feel because my leg had gone completely numb. Little known fact: those PE lockers could be opened from the inside, and we thought it would be fun to climb into one together and try it out. Only thing was, once inside, I couldn't find the latch! I eventually did and my little "brother" and I promised not to tell my Dad which fell apart when my Dad found me hiding under the kitchen table, completely traumatized from the experience. I broke down and admitted we had disobeyed and had climbed into the lockers despite his warning not to. Oh, and I also got locked in a bathroom in a house with Brianna when she was about Isaac's age. (Do you remember that Bri?) I was giving her a bath, the pocket door slid off the track, and we were stuck, without a diaper, for hours, until Joan and her friend returned and called a locksmith. That was fun!

So now I am tagging the following: Kelly, Gabbi, Amy, Erica, Joia, and Brittney. If I remember, I'll link to them or post a comment on their blog, or whatever the other rules are. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its genetic Wen.
I got locked in a school closet (the long kind with folding doors) when I was in 4th grade. My girlfriend and I didn't want to go out for recess (cold, winter) so we hid in the kindergarten room closet reading -when i shut the door with my feet -we thought we were in there for the weekend as we screamed and yelled til past school was out -it was Friday the 13th -my parents thought Danger stranger had gotten me. Tante Jan

Anonymous said...

Wendi -

I used to have a huge fear of getting stuck in a locker. I still do.
And I still haven't completely come to grips with being short.

Hans

Aimee said...

Well I never got locked in a locker, never had them at my school.
And better late than never on the return tag! It is always fun to learn something new about your friends.

Anonymous said...

i did not remember that. haha. :)