Thursday, December 04, 2008

Blocks, tea parties, and a nap with Daddy

Wednesday was a very busy day in our home.

First of all, JB didn't get home from Pensacola until almost one in the morning, leaving him understandably fairly useless come the morning.

Six o'clock rolled around, and like clock work, Isaac started chattering on the monitor. With Isaac's chatter comes a very happy dog. Scrubs takes Isaac's chatter as his cue to put his paws up on our bed and start begging me to pet him. If he's on JB's side of the bed, which borders the wall, his tail will start its rhythmic thumping against said wall. We now allow Scrubs to sleep wherever he prefers at night, but no matter what, when Isaac starts chattering, Scrubby comes a running. Isaac is his new alarm clock!

I rolled over to find that JB was not in our bed. Smart man! Why sleep in a bed that means a six o'clock wake up? He had happily bunked next door in the guest room with eye mask and ear plugs in tact with the hopes of getting to sleep in a bit more in the morning.

Wake-up was followed by letting the doggie out, feeding the doggie, letting the baby play, giving baby bottle, feeding baby food, Mommy taking a shower, Baby getting dressed, Mommy getting dressed, packing baby's diaper bag, Mommy eating breakfast . . . you get the idea.

I had to leave at 8:15 to take Isaac to Brittney's house so that I could attend a "Bundles for Babies" class. This is a favorite of new moms on base as you get a lot of free stuff. JB needed sleep and also needed to do some work at the hospital and head over to our insurance company in regards to some Isaac/adoption related issues, so Brittney was the babysitter for the morning. Isaac did get to spend a little bit of time with JB before we left -- they both took a nap together as you can see from the picture below. :) I brought Isaac in to visit him and returned ten minutes later to this image.



The morning at Brittney's included Isaac's first tea party. My boy having tea with his "big sister" Jocelyn. That's a house filled with girls for you. I stole these pics from Brittney's blog so you can see for yourself.


I got home from Brittney's around noon and while Isaac napped, I worked. By 2:30, it was time to leave again. This time we headed to Joia's where Isaac would spend an hour while I participated in my "Mom's in Motion" class. Isaac had a ball at Joia's as well. Here he had a bit more manly experience: blocks. The picture below is courtesy of Joia. She took some other cute ones of him too but they may make our Christmas cards so I won't post them here right now.

My "Mom's in Motion" instructor, Suzy, informed me that I would be transitioning to a more "end of pregnancy" type of work-out. End of pregnancy? Holy cow. Friday I'll be 32 weeks. Time is flying. Suzy also made numerous comments about the basketball I was carrying around in front of me. It does appear that all of my 32 pounds gained has been strategically placed in one central location: my stomach. I really can't believe it can keep growing for another 8 weeks! How big can one basketball get?!

The day didn't end there. I returned home, Isaac went down for another nap, and by 6:45pm we were out the door again. This time we headed to Care Group. I was proud of myself for getting me and baby out of the house for the third time in one day without JB there to help me. I was also proud of Scrubs who spent 2 of the 3 outings in the laundry room instead of his kennel. I think the dog is earning the right to not be kenneled with his good behavior! Way to go Scrubby!

I am looking forward to JB finishing up this rotation next week. We miss having him with us in the evenings! We got to spend some brief time with him this morning before he headed back down to Pensacola for yet another day in the emergency room. Yesterday was fun but quite busy so today, I'll be chilling out at home most of the day. Later this evening Isaac and I are heading over to Joia's for a girls pajama Christmas party. Pics of that to come I promise!

4 comments:

yuan family said...

The picture of John and Isaac sleeping is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Don't you ever feed that kid? He's constantly trying to eat toys.

TAV said...

LOL@@@ i thought the same 2 things as the 2 comments before me :)

Erica said...

I LOVE that pic of John and Isaac too. ha I love how their arms are in the same EXACT position!