Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oliver & Moriah

***Baby/pregnancy mentioned***



Well life has been quite exciting here lately.

Last night, JB and I went to see the play Oliver with a third year resident, Nick, and his wife Kristy. They have a four month old son, Noah, and are great people. The last time we did anything with them was last year when Tristan and Shannon were still here! So it was definitely time to get together again.

The first thing we did was drop Isaac off at his babysitter's house: Joia. Philip was there too, and Joia assured me that she was perfectly fine watching Isaac despite the fact that she has felt "ready to go" for a few days now. She wasn't due until the beginning of January so we thought this was fine. In addition, Keenan and Isaac have already spent a lot of time together so I wasn't worried about Isaac infecting him anymore than he already has.

We had dinner at a delightful little German restaurant in Niceville and then headed to the play. Imagine my surprise during an intermission call to Joia to hear that she was in labor. She remarked that it was a bit predictive of what I'll be doing when I go into labor: bottle feeding an infant while contracting with another!

Our friend Jodi was on her way over to be with Keenan so Joia told us to go ahead and finish the play as Jodi had agreed to watch Isaac too. I agreed to this, but by the time I got back into the auditorium, was doubting whether this was a good idea. They didn't need our son there during this big event! I asked JB to call Philip and make sure that everything was okay. Philip echoed Joia's sentiments: that everything was under control. In fact, Philip was lamenting a note he had typed and lost at work more than he was the hectic events of their evening. I really wanted to get back to Isaac, but we also had paid a nice price for our tickets, and I wanted to see the end of the play. So we stayed, and picked our little man up from Jodi a few hours later. (Thanks Jodi!) The play was fantastic, and we had a wonderful evening out.

Well, by 6am, we had heard from Joia. The baby was here! I'll make you jump over to their blog to check for details because as of this posting at 8:25pm, the announcement isn't there, and I want to make sure I don't spoil their time for telling. We stopped by to see the happy fam this afternoon -- Joia had a great delivery and baby is doing fantastic!

Yes, both of my fellow 2nd year pregnant-wives have gone between 2-3 weeks early! Not sure what that means for me. Time will tell. CONGRATS PHILIP, JOIA, AND KEENAN!

1 comment:

TAV said...

I hope Elijah's a little 37-weeker, too! Can't wait to meet him :0