Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dory

This morning, I substituted in the 6 & 7 year old class for Sunday School at church. Bernard & Lisa were out-of-town and asked if we could fill in. With Isaac being so young and Elijah on the way, JB and I did not feel comfortable committing to being full-time teachers. However, we did want to serve and subbing seemed a perfect way to do that. We will be working this week and next week with the 6 & 7 year olds. This week, I did it without JB as he didn't get home from work until 9am!

This morning I was attempting to tell the story of Jacob & Esau. Now I was a high school English teacher. I really do know how to teach a lesson and lead a class. Unfortunately, I think that pregnancy brain has finally gotten to me. While I did a good with the class, I did say things backwards quite a few times. Jacob was older ... I mean Esau. Jacob sold his birthright ... I mean Esau.

At the end of class one of the little girls thanked me for being their teacher and then said, "Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?" I had. "Well you remind me of Dory," she giggled.

If you have seen this movie, you are probably chuckling right now. If you haven't, let me just tell you that Dory has a memory problem that prevents her from remembering anything! She's quite the airhead throughout the movie.

Dory! Oh man!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is HILARIOUS. :)

Anonymous said...

Its Dory. Dora's from Dora the Explorer.

Anonymous said...

Great story. I thought it was Dori, with an i?!

Anonymous said...

What a cute story and leave it to a child to make the connection to a popular movie and what an adult did.

Kids come up with the best comments.

Tara said...

That's so cute. Also funny that you forgot Dori's name by the time you finished the story about Sunday School! :)

Also, how sweet that she thanked you for teaching her class!!

AW said...

Hahahahaha! Let me tell ya' pregnancy brain can sure make you feel like Dory sometimes. LOL!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

LOVE IT!
Bub was SO bummed that we kept him out of class. NASTY cough...esp. with you (and baby) in there. He will be glad to know you will be there Sun.
DORY!!!
You gotta tell me who said this!
Kinda sounds like Madeline....now I am REALLY curious now! :)
Thanks for serving.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Lisa, I am trying to remember the name of the little girl who said it. She has a 19 year old brother but I can't remember her first name ... we'll see your little guy next week. Don't worry, Hubby will have babe separate. I don't stress about getting sick. :)

Anonymous said...

Very good!

Anonymous said...

I love very broad, I like some of the ancient culture, like modern architecture, and now I am fat, I like your BLOG!