Tuesday, December 09, 2008

A bigtime congratulations!

I've been waiting for her to post her results so I could finally share them with the world. An IVF success story is a great way to start a week, don't you think? Our friends John and Becky have been blessed with a positive result on their first try! What an amazing blessing. Click here to read more! JB works with John and through them, Becky and I have become great friends. We met for lunch today -- the first time I have seen her since she got this great news. Please, please, please continue to pray for John & Becky, especially during the next few weeks as they wait to see that heartbeat on ultrasound. Those of you who have followed my story from the beginning know how grueling and then disappointing IVF can be. The Lord answered my prayers -- the Becky wouldn't have to get that negative call. PRAISE THE LORD!

In other doctor news, our family will spend a good bit of time at the clinic tomorrow. I have my OB appointment and then little Isaac has his appointment with the plastic surgeon regarding his ear. I'll make sure to update you later. Little Isaac is a bit under-the-weather as well. It's a bummer seeing your kids sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Just found your blog...honestly don't know how? Just clicking here and there...and have sort of skimmed your history with infertility! I think we could be sisters in that boat. Our stories are a little different but similar in the sense that we opted out of the fertility treatments...thought adoption but realized the cost dollars wise was way too much for us...then finally went through the foster care system to become foster parents and hopefully adopt a sibling group. So many of your posts I could just relate to...sitting in an empty house...longing to have the vocation I always dreamed of (being a mom)...adopting was what God wanted us to do but I still felt a bit "robbed" for not being able to be/get pregnant. I guess we (me and hubby) fall into the 2% category as well...after our first foster placement we got pregnant. No medical intervention, JUST GOD! He is so good to us, isn't He? I think in my case I had to go through that fire of infertility to become refined; He wanted me to look more like Him. I was very selfish and unhappy...among other things. And now I'm not perfect in any way but I am looking more like Jesus today than I did 5 years ago, 5 months ago and even 5 days ago.

Be encouraged, you are not alone in the strange world of babies close in age and the fertility oddities that can only be explained by God. I believe that as we work on our relationship with God and obey His requests, He will and does bless us with the desires of our hearts...however we must realize that his time is not our time. Kinda sucky when you go through it but the hindsight is so crystal clear, isn't it?

So that was really a very long post but wanted to let you know I identified with your story, and will keep up with your blog! May God richly bless you and your family in this intense growth period!

OH--and if it's not too late and you haven't yet gotten your high chairs, I might suggest considering the kind that strap to a regular chair. They fold nice for traveling and take up SOOO much less space in the dining room! Plus the trays can come off and double as a booster seat as the kids get bigger. Anyway there's a tip of the day for you. It's late I better go to bed, see you in the funny papers:)