Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Happy 59th Dadio (and other misc. information)

Today my Dad is 59. Next year he will be 60.

If I am 3 in the picture below, then that was 29 years ago. That means my Dad was just 31 in the picture below. Younger than I am now. Wow!



And here he is in October of last year with my niece Charleigh and our little Elijah boy:

Happy Birthday Dad! We love you so much and are so thankful for the Godly upbringing you gave both Keith and me. (As well as the basketball genes that paid for me to go to college.)

Dad's birthday isn't the only thing going on in our lives. Here are a few other pieces of random information that someone might find interesting.


  • Elijah is determined to make sure I am "accessible" to him at all times. Last night JB was wrestling in the living room with both boys. I was doing the dishes in the kitchen. Elijah left the wrestling match to come to the kitchen and make sure that if he wanted to (which he didn't at that time) he could get in to where I was. Once he realized he was not excluded from the action, he returned to wrestling.
  • Thanks to Katie, a virtual friend, for putting me at 100 followers yesterday! Yipeee! As of this morning I am actually at 101. Hip, hip hooray! Speaking of followers, thank you to those of you who have sent me your blog address to stay with me when I go private. I am still working out the details on this. Stay tuned.
  • I have given up trying to slip into the nursery when I hear Elijah in the morning (usually around 5:45). I used to be able to slip in, scoop him up, and sneak back out before Isaac got wind of it. He might make a noise for a minute, but as soon as we would leave the room, he would be back asleep. No more. He's gotten wise to that plan. As soon as I come in now, he stands up and says: "Hi. I wake. Down?" He is going to make sure that I do not leave him to go back to sleep. Speaking of Isaac, he is talking up a storm. He is now saying up to five words in a sentence. Quite the chatterbox (when no one else is around.)
  • Elijah is talking too. He is saying: ball and car all the time. He also says Ma-ma and Da-da. He is doing the signs for: please, thank you, more, and all done. He is also doing peek-a-boo, blowing kisses, and touching his head and ahir when you ask him. He'll stick out his tongue when asked, talk like Donald Duck, and dance on command too. ;)
  • Yesterday was a sad day for the trees. It was finally our house's turn to be manhandled by the tree-cutting people. They are cutting down everything. Edward was a nice guy, but he and I did not see eye-to-eye on what should stay and what should go. I think if JB would have been home, he would have fought harder than I did. At one point Edward said to me, "I just don't want to come back," and I (in my head of course) thought, that is the problem. Because they want to get the job done right now, they are taking down trees that wouldn't need to come down for years. Then Edward said to me, "You can't even see the front of your house. That's not good." And I said to him, "Edward. We like it that way." What is wrong with a bit of privacy? Edward also took down all the trees in front our bedroom. He wanted to take down two others, but I convinced him to just trim them instead. (When he said his boss told him too, I asked him if he would confirm that with his boss, and he in turn offered to just trim them.) He also turned JB's bush into a tree. Needless to say, JB was not happy when he came home. His exact words were: "I always thought rape was a strong word for what people do in nature. But those guys raped our yard." Yikes.
  • I'm tempted not to feed my boys strawberries anymore. The reason? Scrubs won't eat them! It's the only food he won't eat so when the boys have strawberries, I have to do some major picking up off the floor.
  • I am working really hard on my presentation for MOPs. It is on Tuesday. Please keep this presentation in your prayers. I'll keep you all posted.

I think that's all I have on my brain at current.

No comments: