Sunday, March 21, 2010

I can't keep quiet

I refrain from getting into politics on my blog. It was just a decision I made early on in my blogging life, and I try to stick to it. Politics can cause division. I didn't want division.

I'm not going to get into the whole healthcare bill currently being worked out amongst our leaders. That's politics.

But what I am going to get into is the fact that I do not want my tax money, money our family makes, to help pay for abortion.

I am the mother of an "unborn child." I am the mother of a child that had his birth mother made the easy choice, would not be here.

This is not an abortion discuss however.

This is a discussion about the fact that regardless of your opinion on abortion, how can we argue about the fact that Americans should not be forced to pay for women to have this "right."

I am not alone in my feelings. Take a look at just one survey on how Americans feel about abortion funding. (Survey regarding abortion and tax money). 78% of Americans oppose the funding of abortion! This is regardless of their personal opinion on abortion.

Did you know that Planned Parenthood currently receives 33% of their funding from our government? This means that we are paying for this organization to promote abortion.

The Susan B. Anthony list was named after a woman who helped give women the right to vote. What isn't told of her and other women who supported this right was the fact that most of them were also huge supporters of the sanctity of life.

Here are two video clips that help explain what we are fighting for:

This is not a religious organization, and yet they are asking for prayer that this Bill does not pass. Passing would mean we would be paying for abortions.

Here are the names of undecided members of congress. Will you pray for them by name? Pray that they make the right decision on behalf of unborn children everywhere.

Kathy Dahlkemper
Marcy Kaptur
Paul Kanjorski
Baron Hill
Solomon Ortiz
Earl Pomeroy
Chris Carney
Lincoln Davis
Alan Mollohan


Here is a list of key members of the House who need you to call them and express your opinion. Please take a look and see if your representative is on this list. Even if your representative is not on the undecided list, please call them as soon as you see this post to support their decision. This website even provides information on how to call and what to say. While staff members may say that the bill does not allow federal funding of abortion, this is misinformation.


The current legislation would allow private insurance plans operating in a new insurance marketplace to cover abortions, provided they do not use taxpayer funds. What makes that tricky is that many of the plans' customers would be receiving federal subsidies to help pay their premiums.


This vote takes place on Sunday. Please join me when you wake up this morning in prayer for our leaders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While you are praying for the bill to fail, I am praying for it to pass. It's a start, at least, in getting America up to speed with other countries where health care is better and where health care is considered a right for all, not a privilege for the wealthy.

The place I don't want my tax dollars going is for war. Just think what this world would be like now if we could have kept our tax dollars from Bush's war.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I appreciate your comment although I have to politely disagree. If you talk to anyone in Canada about healthcare, they will tell you that they come to the U.S. to get it because they can't get in to be seen.

That is really the big question. Is healthcare a right or a privilege.

However, it isn't the bill I am worried about. I am praying for the unborn. I just don't want to see abortion be something that we pay for, indirectly.

I think everyone agrees something needs to be done about healthcare. It's just WHAT that is the question.

I also think that we can't forget WHY went to war. 3000 American lives on September 11th.

Thank you for your comment.