Thursday, March 11, 2010

Whatta day!

Today was full of some bumps and bruises as you can see from the picture above. E. did a face plant onto the cement outside. Did he cry? Barely. But man he was left with quite a burn down his face. While I was taking a picture of his face I thought, I should capture this boy's legs as well. I'm sure you can tell how hard he plays from all the bruises on those shins.

But other than the face plant, today was a fantastic day. Firstly it was fantastic because I got to spend even more time with "Big Keith" and "AD". Since their other niece, Natalie calls them both Big Keith and AD, this is what my boys are going to be calling them too.

We also got to spend even more time with Charleigh. She's really getting the hang of how to hang with boys: love on the dog, be really loud, and eat a lot. Got it! She was a bit nervous around Scrubs initially but now, there's no stopping her from flirting with "Bubby" anymore.



It was a good day for other reasons. When our fridge starting leaking again (okay so that wasn't good, but stay with me), I decided that instead of just taking everything out of the freezer and sopping up the water, again, I would call maintenance. What a great move on my part.

First they came by and decided to give us a NEW and BIGGER refrigerator! Oh wow! When it started leaking as well, I called back. They came over, fixed a small drain on the bottom of the fridge, and then took a look at our stove and dishwasher. "Man you have oooolllld appliances," the guy said.

"Don't even get me started," I replied back. "Or my husband. He hates this stove. I know we are leaving in June and I know they are going to replace all the appliances once we leave in June. I just wish they could replace them now."

"Well is there something wrong with your stove?"

"It's just so old. My husband is a big-time cook and he can't get anything to heat evenly. He's always getting mad at the stove."

"Well, why wait until June then. I'll bring you one today!"

Then he asked me if there was anything wrong with dishwasher. I tried to come up with something but I didn't have anything significant so he said he could only do the stove. We now have a brand new fridge and a brand new stove and a promise from Mr. Mark that if there is ever any issue with the dishwasher, he'd be happy to replace that too.

Needless to say JB was mighty surprised when he got home today. He has a new fridge. He has a new stove.

What a day -- bumps and bruises and all!

5 comments:

Grama Di said...

O sweet boy!!!
So AD lost her 'HI YA" nick name?
So awesome you got the new frig and stove. Too bad JB's not around to cook much!

Allison and Jared said...

new appliances.. really is there anything better :)

Gabbs said...

Awwww, my poor little E.... give him big hugs and kisses from Aunt Gabbi!

Joia said...

Totally awesome about the new appliances! There's GOT to be something you can do to your dishwasher! =0)

Anonymous said...

oh those pics!
I'm having a hard time not laughing while saying awwww! The look on his face and the thought of all that he was up to w/ those bruises --i get the giggles -bad great aunt!

we might get to taste John's food on the new stove-can it really turn out better than it already is!? He sounds just like Uncle Ed --our stove does NOT let him stirfry how he wants to!