Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's Official!

It's official. I actually found out before JB as the Residency Director called to tell me when he couldn't locate an incredibly hard-working JB, that we are, in fact, for sure, moving to Turkey in July. This was our first choice so we are thrilled. But it is still quite overwhelming to think of all the things that will need to happen in the next four months to get us there.

Just today I called about passports. Apparently I and the boys need "no-fee" passports to get into the country. These are free. However, they will do us no good while there. We need "regular" passports to do any travelling. While I have a regular passport, the boys do not, so we will need to get both a non-fee and regular passport.

You know, that type of thing.

And of course, the most important thing of all. What in the world am I going to call my blog now? Please leave a comment with a suggested name change. I'll pick a few and do a blog vote like I did when the Polar North defrosted.

Turkey, here we come!

14 comments:

Kiley said...

How about four turkey's in turkey? I will keep thinking for sure.

Kiley

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

my frist thought was 4 little turkeys...I, too, will keep thinking!

Brian and I'Ching said...

Exciting news! YOu may not know me but I've been following your blog (I think I commented once months ago...). I lived in Turkey for 3 years as a Christian worker a few years ago. Loved it there! I'm sure you'll have lots of suggestions from people you know but if you like, you can email me if you've any questions. God's best!

Anonymous said...

Gobble, Gobble!!
What is the weather like in Turkey?
How about Thanksgiving in Turkey for the title of your blog.

David and Lesley said...

Congratulations! I already told you my blog title suggestion. :)

Anonymous said...

I wandered over to a blog linked from here to find that my brother and his wife know one of the commenters in this post-this is truly a small world.
Laura from HP

Kelli said...

I tried to think of something clever about still being neighbors with Georgia but nothing witty is coming to me at 11pm. :o)

Jess said...

Can't wait to read all about it! :D

miss fluffy said...

all i can think of is the They Might Be Giants song "Istanbul was Constantinople, now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople, been a long time gone, Constantinople, why did Constantinople get the works? That's nobody's business but the Turks."

Amy T. S. said...

Life in the Polar North Gobbles?

Amy T. S. said...

Btw, I saw your new friend Sarah today and got a nice big hug!

Anonymous said...

Life in the Polar North Continues to Defrost Turkish Style

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I think this is my favorite so far:

Life in the Polar North Continues to Defrost Turkish Style

I think I would write it

Life in the Polar North Continues to Defrost (Turkish Style)

I really want to keep the original name in the title as I did when we moved here.

Gabbs said...

;)