Thursday, March 04, 2010

An afternoon in Scrubs' life

Hey folks. It's me. The dog. You know, Scrubs. Bet you didn't know I knew how to type. Well, I didn't know I could either but enough watching and even a dog can learn a new trick.

I thought I would give you a glimpse into a day in my life. Once upon a time I was a puppy. I was a puppy who lived by myself with my people. Tall people. But good people. People who only had to worry about me.

Those were good times.

Peaceful times.

My people may say otherwise. Something about me not being quite so peaceful when I was a puppy.

But anyways . . .

Then they had two little boys. And then my life majorly changed. I love these boys. Don't get me wrong. They feed me a lot of good food so how could I not love them? They smell good and drop their cups and milk leaks out of them and all kinds of cool stuff.

But with them has come a lot of toys that I am not allowed to touch and a lot of dirty diapers that I am not supposed to carry around. Oh and a lot of ears I'm not supposed to lick either. Something about the fact that I try to nibble. That might be true. I'm not going to say either way.

Anyways, here's a picture of boy #1. His name is Isaac. He is very gentle with me. He is also talking to me a lot more lately. He tells me: "No, no, Bubby." And he is also learning to tell me "sit" and "down" too. Just what I need. More people telling me what to do.



Here's a picture of boy #2. He has recently discovered how to give me big hugs. He is not nearly as gentle but he pays a lot of attention to me so that's okay. We even play tug together now and then. This is a picture of him with one of his girlfriends, Chloe, when she came over the other day.



Speaking of kids visiting the house, we get a lot of them! On Wednesday, there were five kids under three here at one time! Now I like hugs and petting. Don't get me wrong. But there's only so much one dog can take. Take a look at all the hugs and petting I got:



Hugs and love is not the only thing I have to endure. Take a look at this. Talk about a raw deal! What else does a dog have but looking out the window? All those little munchkins took my window at the front door. What will it be next? Eating my kibble! Egads.

You think it ended there! Alas! Think again. They went on to take my spot by the living room window too. If it looks like I am annoyed in this photo it is because I sort of am. By this point I had had enough of all these rascals taking over my house!

I mean I tried leaving the window and moving back into another part of the house. But look! They came and tried to take that spot from me too!

There were a few breaks in the action. Moriah, overall, didn't cause me too much trouble. She was too busy reading as you can see from the photo below:

Elijah also helped me out a bit by purposefully dropping some food so I could eat it. I'm only allowed to take stuff off the floor, which I know, and respect all, well, okay, most of the time.


So anyways folks. There you have it. That's my life. Muchkins. Everywhere.
But with them comes a lot of dropped food. So I'll endure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hug pictures! Such sweet little children to give Scrubs some love!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I always hearing from Scrubs! :)

AW said...

Awwwwwww!!!!