Saturday, March 27, 2010

Questions regarding Turkey

So I thought it might fun if I did a post answering all the questions everyone has about our new lives in Turkey. I have had a few questions already either in person or on my blog that I will include in the discussion. But thought it might get me thinking if I allowed you all to post your questions. It can be anything. No question is too trivial or too dumb. You post the questions, and I'll post the answers. If I don't know them, I'll work to find them out. So, let's have at it. Comment away.

P.S. In other good news, I put the boys down for naps today at 1:30. Isaac woke up at 4:30 and Elijah is still sleeping. What an amazing nap overlap! May have been my best yet! Sweet!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long will you be living in Turkey? Why was it your first choice?

Haley
Portland, OR

Living in pure chaos! said...

What are you looking forward to seeing or doing while there?

Kiley said...

You have so many visitors during the year. (I am so jealous) Family, friends. Etc. How will your entire family including "B" and Joan feel about you guys being so far away. Especially since you have the best and most loving relationship with them. Will everyone visit? Can they visit?

Kiley
Johnston, RI

Anonymous said...

wow, all great questions so far.......

Anonymous said...

Do you plan to learn the Turkish language?
I don't have to ask if John plans to learn to cook their food :)
Tante Jan

Emily said...

What's the ethnic/religious makeup of the Turkish people near where you'll be stationed? I know it's pretty cosmopolitan and secular in parts of Istanbul - is it the same near the base? Would it be safe for you to travel off base since you wouldn't be wearing a head covering?

denise said...

How long is the travel to get there, do they provide for you to come back to the states at all regularly, what is the schooling like for the kids when they start school, what will you do when you are done in Turkey, how is the family safety for little kids there, does it make you nervous to live in another country??????

Momma, PhD said...

How often do you plan to come back to visit your family?

Are you going to do another call for recipes for Turkish dishes?

How much time will JB get off and will it allow you to travel in Europe/the Middle East?