Monday, March 29, 2010

Two cribs


I'm not sure why I was so dead-set against the idea of having two cribs. I just thought they would take up so much room and that we could get Isaac in a "big boy bed" by the time Elijah was ready to move into a crib. John often says to me, "Why do you make things harder on yourself?" He's right. Putting Isaac in a toddler bed, right now, would just be something else to deal with. And I don't have the energy to deal with something else.

So for $65, I purchased a crib, dresser, and mattress from Craig's List. Elijah looked so happy in his "newwww bed" as Isaac calls it last night. And even though we had to take the rocker out, there is still enough room for them to do some heavy-duty playing in the room. The crib, unbeknownst to me, is actually the exact same style crib that Clay and Brittney gave us when Isaac joined our family -- just a shade lighter.

Jaime is on her way back to Kentucky, I completed a tad-bit-easier 350 meters in the pool, and JB is home at 5:30, done with his three weeks of inpatient team.

I also snuck into Brittny's yard while she is out of town (with her permission of course) and sat on the trampoline while my two little boys ran circles and wrestled around me. I had that moment, while we were playing, of complete awe that my life is where it is today. Me. On a trampoline. With my two sons giggling and laughing and jumping and running.

Life is good.

3 comments:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

It looks great Wendi! I bet Elijah loves his new bed.

Becky said...

It looks wonderful Wendi and what a deal!

P.S. I am very inspired by your triathlon training. It has always been a secret ambition of mine to do one (not so secret now that I have just told you!).

Angie said...

I love those moments. I had one today when Hannah was napping and Holly woke up (she's fighting a cold)... Holly & I cuddled in the rocking chair for an hour. It was cuddle time I haven't had since Hannah came along! The new bed looks great! We have our two cribs side by side... feels kinda crowded but so worth it!