Thursday, March 04, 2010

Cutie funnies 1.1


I have decided that since this blog is my "journal" I want to make sure I am recording the funny things the boys are saying now that Isaac is talking like crazy and Elijah is starting to find his words and signs. I plan to label them by year and number. So this will be "Cutie funnies 1.1." If you want to skip these posts, feel free, but for those of you who are in love with my boys as much as I am, here you are!
  • Isaac has this shape book that he loves. He can do almost all the pieces now, and I have noticed that he is self-talking to himself what I usually say to him. He'll say "push" as he tries to put a piece in. Then he will say, "That's right." He will also say, "Good job!" or "You did it!"
  • Last night while in the bathtub, JB asked Isaac what some of his squeezie toys say. What does the dog say? What does the cat say? When he got to the walrus he said, "What does the walrus say?" Isaac looked confused. What does a walrus say? He thought about it for second and said: "Hi."
  • I took E. to the snack cabinet last night to find what he wanted to eat. He went through as I held up items and said: "No." "No." "No." (Although it is more like naw.) Then he smiled when he saw some grapes and did "Please." Yay for communication!
  • Last night Elijah told me he wanted to go to bed. Just put his head on his ear for night-night and walked to his room. I picked him up, put him in, and he was out, well before brother.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Gert always said that it was a highly intelligent child who knew when he wanted to go to bed. :D
Linda

Anonymous said...

I think that is so awesome that the kids are learning signing so they can tell you when they are tired (or hungry etc)instead of whining or crying.

Judy Woodford said...

=) I think you meant he put his "hand" on his ear rather than his head on his ear... LOL right? It's funnier the way it is...

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Judy, know, it's his head. Don't YOUR kids know how to do that. (ha ha ha! Yes. Hand. Ha. I'll leave it as is in honor of you.)