Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Challenge Update

Thank you to those of you who have joined me in the "No Mumblin' No Grumblin' 30-day Challenge". This idea is not mine. I am joining Sterling from the nationally syndicated KLOVE in attempting to do this. You can view her Facebook page and more details by clicking here. I am going to do this for the entire month of June. I think, with our impending move, this is a perfect time for me to try and do this.

My plan is, as many nights as I can remember, to get on here and post how I did that day. Then those of you who are trying to do this with me, can update in the comments about how YOU did that day. Even if you aren't trying it everyday, try it one day with me. Try to make it a point not to grumble or complain as often as possible.

An example they gave on the radio station was instead of complaining about how hot the sun is, say something like, "What a blessing that God gave us shade."

An example from my own life today was, after evening baths, to which JB had agreed to give, I walked into the bathroom only to find that every single one of their bath toys had been left out. This is a lot considering they have gadzooks of these bath "stickers."

I started to say: "Geeez JB, do you not believe in cleaning up toys."

I stopped myself and said: "Hey sweetie. Thanks for giving the boys a bath. Do you think next time you could ask them to help clean up the toys when they are almost done?"

Hurrah for me!

Overall, I did well today. It was a good Day One for me. I really made a point to speak kindly and positively. But I have a feeling that like a good diet, this may get harder as I go on. Stay tuned!

No comments: