Monday, June 07, 2010

Aaaaaahhhh humidity




There's a reason why the pictures above look foggy folks. It has to do with the fact that after enjoying breakfast at the Officer's Club on Sunday morning, we headed outside to find that my camera was fogged by the humidity. And it stayed that way!

I must be honest. I grew up in South Florida. WAY HUMID. Then I moved to Kentucky and Minnesota, both humid as well. I never understood when people would complain about "this darned humidity." What were they talking about? Humidity was all I knew. It felt normal.

And then I went to Washington, and, well, it ruined me. I now understand what humidity is. It stinks! It isn't the heat that makes me sweat and feel sticky and get all ucky. It's the humidity!
I hear Turkey isn't as humid as Florida although the temperatures are quite ghastly. I guess I'll find out in just a little over a month.

P.S. And please note that I am not complaining about the humidity. It is what it is and since I am in a 30 day "No Grumblin'" Challenge, I don't want to mumble. But I do think these foggy pictures prove what life in northern Florida is like.

1 comment:

Joia said...

Yesterday sure WAS icky and sticky - yuck!!

LOVE your new blog look!