Thursday, June 10, 2010

Our Dates are Set!

Hard to believe that our first movers will be here NEXT Tuesday. Gulp. And once we get to THIS Tuesday, then I'll have to say they are coming THIS Tuesday.

Big Gulp.

My calendar has become something I am flipping through, it seems, nearly every minute of the day.

Next week I have two doctor's appointments. We have a wifia dinner. I have a wedding to attend. I have a spa day planned for my birthday/mother's day present. There is a birthday party. My friend Sarah is moving out that week, and so I'll be helping her in any way I can as well.

Then the following week the party begins. They will pack us out on the 22nd and 24th. JB's family will be getting here on the 23rd for his graduation. The banquet is the 24th. Graduation is the 25th. More movers will come on the 28th and 29th. Then it's cleaning and passing inspection and heading to South Florida.

How is all this happening already?

I am an organized person. I've been preparing for this, a little bit each day, for many months. I am doing a good job in my "No Grumblin'" despite how many hoops we've been crawling through, around, and over.

But I do feel weary. Tired. On the verge of tears sometimes. It isn't that I don't know it won't get done. I know it will. It isn't that I don't think I can handle it. I can. It isn't that I don't think God will help. He always does.

It's just that I am tired. The days feel so unbelievably full.

I feel that when the boys go to bed at 7:30pm, JB and I immediately switch into a mode of discussing all the details we haven't had a chance to discuss during the day. We cross things off our list and add things and debate things and decide things. Then we race around and do a bunch of stuff while the boys are sleeping. We hit the bed later than we normally do, exhausted, and I wake up to start it again in the morning.

Could you pray for us? Specifically could you pray for:
  • Wisdom in making decisions.
  • Energy to get through each day.
  • Favor in maneuvering our way through movers and paperwork.
  • Strength to say "so long" to so many people that we love.
Thanks everyone!

4 comments:

Joy Z said...

I hope the wedding you're going to is the same one I'm going to so that I can see you once more before you leave!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you these next few weeks before you move and when you get to Turkey. Praying everything (especially the transition in a new country) will go smoothly.

Bethany

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Yes Joy!!!

Anonymous said...

I cried reading this blog....I feel with you so much and pray those things you asked....i was thinking how once on the plane, the emotions do change to more excitement of what's coming than the last weeks of sadness at goodbyes...I remember your mom and auntie Connie helping me pack up my house to store things for my next 4 years overseas,...they were the organized ones...Connie once told me i needed to stop LOOKING at all my photo albums and get them in the box -she was right and i needed that...but i remember saying, no, i won't see these for four years i need to look at bit more (i think it might have been my wedding album!)....yet here I am 25 years later, teary when I think of being stuck in one place (tho i am content and know this is where i'm to be)...and missing all that adventure...i think i might be reliving the joys of it thru you (but it's good cuz it brings back the hard things too so i dont wear rose colored glasses!) xoxoxoxo tante Jan