Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Scanning is Done Dude!

At long last, I have completed my scanning project which I began many, many months ago. Back when the wind first started to blow in the direction that we may possibly be going to Turkey. I went through all my old boxes and scanned various items. Things like pictures of me and Bri or goofy high school memories:



I also scanned things that JB gave me. Here is a photograph that he turned into an envelope to send me a letter in back in college. (Back when stamps were only 32 cents.) I actually kept this after scanning it and am going to reuse it in the future.


So now, everything is scanned. I've got jpg's of old pictures and pdf's of old documents. I kept one box of things that despite being scanned, I still wasn't ready to part with. I also kept my photo albums or sent my childhood ones back to my parents. I did not throw away very old pictures from our childhood but did scan them just to have them backed up. Now, instead of forming a stack of birthday cards that I am not ready to part with, I can scan them, label them, and send them to the recycle bin. How freeing!

We have put together one trunk of "memorabilia" that we want to keep in storage. High school or college memories that we aren't ready to part with. My baby books. But otherwise, it has been scanned, backed-up, and sent on its merry way!

While this whole moving thing in four different sections is a lot of work, it really feels fantastic to really, really, really clean house. Jenny, your comment regarding the fact that you wished you put left in storage, really hit home with me. I am really thinking before I put stuff into storage. If I don't want it for four years, do I really want it?

All righty -- more organizing to do before nap time is over.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two were so cute.....I remember the outfit that Brianna is wearing in that picture....and I know you did her hair. Good job!!
Really good memory!
Joni

Anonymous said...

so nice photos
May I ask you a question thinking of it recenty? in one of your recent posts you wrote that you`re going to put "adopted" in Isaac` words and ...
It is really interesting for me that why? would you please answer it?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I am afraid I don't completely understand your question. Do you mean why are we going to use that word with him? Is that what you are asking?

Anonymous said...

yes it is what I asked. in other words is it necessary for Isaac to know that he is adopted? it is really interesting to know. in which age and level and why? and an other question. do you feel any difference in your feelings towards your sons? thank you very much for your reply in advance. I enjoy and learn a lot from your liestyle. thanks a lot honey.Of course I have a lot of questions!sorry to bother you.