Monday, June 14, 2010

Great is Your Faithfulness

Today was a day for the record books.

I am attempting to remember, but without much success, a busier day in our lives. I took JB into work, I dropped the kids off at Joia's, I drove to Pensacola for a doctor's appointment, I picked up the boys, we went to a doctor's appointment for Isaac and another one for me back on Base. We dropped our van off at the shop across town. Then in the evening, my cousin Josh & Sarah had some family that were in the area. While we don't know them personally, we helped them get a hotel on Base and had dinner with them. "Uncle Paul" and "Aunt Becky" are way cool. I also learned that Uncle Paul was actually my cousin Eddie's teacher at his school abroad. What a small world.

And a busy one.

Whew!

Elijah got a morning nap at Joia's but neither boy had an opportunity to nap after that. I am so proud of my little guys. I pushed them so hard today, and they passed with flying colors. They were such troopers for event after event. Good job guys! Our schedule during the next few months of our lives is going to be that we don't have a schedule. And I have to be okay with that.

In the midst of a packed day, I also found many things that were deserving of the Lord's praise. Despite the absolute insanity of this day, we were presented with many opportunities to thank the Lord for his faithfulness and favor as we get the last details in order for our move to the Middle East.
  • Praise the Lord for a good report at my rheumatology appointment! I had an appointment with a rheumatologist in Pensacola at 10:45 this morning. Praise the Lord that my funky blood work was simply a "false positive." He said I have a touch of arthralgia and that my foot issues may be tendinitis. Both bits of good news. Took some more blood just to be sure all is well. I'll see him one last time before we leave Eglin.
  • Praise the Lord for a good report from Isaac's plastic Surgeon: Isaac had a follow-up with his plastic surgeon who did his ear surgery. He has gotten a bit of discoloration next to the scar, but otherwise, all is well. He said that we should follow-up again before kindergarten but no additional surgeries are needed at this point. Yippee!
  • Praise the Lord for a good report from the dermatologist: I got word that the skin discoloration on my ear just needs to be lasered off but is not serious. Another Praise the Lord.
  • Praise the Lord that Isaac didn't have an adverse reaction to his wasp sting. Yesterday Isaac got stung by a bee. His hand swelled up considerably, but he had no other reactions. We were a bit worried since he has heightened allergy responses to eggs and mosquitoes. But all is well in the wasp world.
  • Praise the Lord that we found a way to get our van to the shop. Sarah let us borrow her vehicle so we could drop the van off. We are getting a hitch put on it so that we can lug extra stuff to South Florida and then back up to Baltimore when we fly out to Turkey.
  • Praise the Lord for good friends. Praise the Lord for Brittny across the street who has been willing to help me with the boys at a moment's notice. For Sarah loaning us our vehicle. For Joia watching my boys yet again. I am so blessed by these women and so many others in my life. God is so faithful.

No comments: