Wednesday, June 30, 2010

More prayer

Could anyone who would add something to your prayer request list?

I need to get an appointment for Scrubs to get a a health certificate within 10 days of us leaving for Turkey. However, we are going to be in South Florida.

Long story short:
  • It has to be done on a military base. To avoid this means I have to take the form to Miami for a signature and then have it Fed-Exed to Tallahassee and then sent back to me. So a military base if nearly a necessity.
  • We will not be on Eglin AFB within 10 days of our departure.
  • The Base near Baltimore that I wanted to use is closed for the summer. This is fairly typical of military veterinarian facilities. They usually do not have permanent doctors so they ebb and flow in services they can provide.
  • The Base near Baltimore gave me four other phone numbers. However, every time I call they have a recording that says to call back when they are not busy. They will not return messages -- period. It says so on their message.
  • I managed to get through to one facility. She told me that they think they can see Scrubs but they cannot make a decision about this until the middle of the month. Her last words to me were: "Have a back-up-plan."

Please pray I can find somewhere for Scrubs to be seen. For sure.

Thanks all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will continue praying for you Coach K! I pray that God blesses your soul and brings you peace and comfort throughout this hectic time. It is in His hands...let Him take care of you.

The Mac's House said...

There is a vets office on the Ft. Eustis base in Newport News, VA, if you could get an appointment while you're traveling up thru to Baltimore. I know it isn't ideal. Not sure if your friends at the Langley base know if there are vet facilities there or not available to use since you might be visiting them.

Joy Z said...

I haven't been able to read for a couple of days but I've really been thinking about you and praying for you.

Remember what the Lord has ALREADY done!!! Remember the details he has already worked out? Our God is faithful and he will be again. You can rest in his faithfulness Wendi. Do you think that after all the details that he has worked out for scrubs (flight w/ you guys, space in TLF) that he doesn't have this one "in the bag"? I can assure you that he does! Love you so much Wendi! Hugs to you.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Thanks everyone! Joy, thanks for the reminders .... so true.

The Mac's House said...

I sent you an email with phone #'s and info for those bases.

Jess said...

Good luck!!! Oy! I hope that you can get it all done! Exhausting!