Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Could you pray (while I wait?)

I am over at Brittny's house right now. She isn't home. It's a true friend when I know I can go into her house without even telling her and that she won't care.

I came over here to try to find the number for our storage movers in my email. I can't find it. JB has turned in his pager. I can't reach him. They told me they'd be here an hour ago and they still haven't showed up.

If you think of it could you say an extra prayer for our family and primarily me? I am feeling like I am on the verge of just breaking down. I am pretty sure it is just fatigue and stress. I love adventure but feel that I am just not very good at handling the things involved in completing an adventure.

I dropped the boys off at Joia's this morning. Sarah said to me the other day that she is "just ready to be a good Mom again." I couldn't say it better myself. I feel like we are just running around, trying to squeeze naps and food and play in. I feel like I am not getting to spend any quality time with my boys. Now the movers are over an hour late, and I don't know why. I know Joia is fine. She told me not to stress today and that if she had the boys all day, so be it. But I feel bad. Bad that she has four kids two days in a row. Bad that I am not spending time with them. Bad that my scheduled day is now going to have to be adjusted in a hundred different ways.

I also got word from our cleaning gal Michelle that I needed to put a work order in for the sink in our master bathroom as it was backed up. It has been backed up for as long as I can remember. I just kept ignoring it. She said we may not pass inspection if I don't. So I called maintenance today. They asked me when I could meet them at the house. I said the next two hours, and they said that wouldn't work for them. So I told them they could let themselves in anytime in the next two days, and they said they can't go in the house without the owner present. I told them that the house will be completely empty. They said it didn't matter. I told them that I thought as long as a work order was in their computer, all was well ... it isn't. So somehow we have to get that coordinated.

Anyways, Brittny just got home.

But pray if you can.

*** Update ***

The moving people changed the time to 3pm without telling me. It is amazing how one small failure to communicate can cause such a cascade of events.

Because they did not come at 10:30 as they had told me they would ...

I had to arrange with my cleaning gal another time to clean as the house will not be empty today as planned. I had to postpone carpet cleaning. I had to go pick the boys up from Joia's, stop back at TLF, pick up their bedding and Scrubs (at which time I accidentally left the front door open and the cleaning people returned a carefree Scrubs to me), then go pick JB up, have him drop us off at Brittny's, put boys down for nap there instead of TLF, and let JB take care back to the hospital all because of this one small change. Joia offered to let the boys sleep at her house but I did not have any of their "comfort items" and I am trying to keep some bit of normalcy in their lives. I also had to cancel an appointment with my friend Kara and have Joia bring us dinner instead of having dinner at their house. (Isn't she great to offer this?)

When I went to Joia's, both she and my new friend Rebekah were there. They were wonderful in encouraging me and telling me that I was handling things fine and that they thought the stress I was experiencing was normal. All three of us have very well-grounded husbands who, while supportive, don't experience stress like we do. I truly just needed a few girlfriends at that moment.

I am now back at Brittny's again, watching out her window for the storage men to arrive ...

Please keep me in your prayers. Pray that I can just take a chill pill and take all this in stride. I know it will pass. I know we will get through it. I know everything will work out. But it's the process of getting to that point that has me a bit frazzled.

Thanks all!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wen, I am exhausted just reading all this!! You are doing an AMAZING JOB!!!!!!! Truely incredible that you can do all that you do and that you have the most amazing friends!!It will all work out for the good and weeks from now it will be a distant memory! God gives you the strength you need each day and you make it though...on the journey He shows you all the great friends and family that are there for you and pray for you each moment of the day!! Take a deep breathe and feel the love from all of us who care and are praying for you!!!! xoxo :)
N.

Jess said...

I feel so bad for you guys! Up and down, up and down! SO SO great that you have such support!

Thinking of you and saying a prayer!