Thursday, June 03, 2010

A few giggles

A few funnies to share with you.

When JB walked into the nursery this morning, both boys awake before he left for work, Isaac immediately told him that "Bubby spilled water, Daddy." (Bubby is his stuffed Dalmatian, who, along with his bear, are two key ingredients of Isaac's sleep.) JB started laughing when he discovered that the spilled water was, in fact, a very wet diaper that had soaked the sheets, Isaac, and yes, even Bubby.

My Dad's presence has brought up its own set of funnies. Firstly, the "Purple Pop Up Toy." There is this toy that we have, the details of which aren't important to the story. What is important to the story is that there were two of these toys in our family. One, we owned. The other, my parents owned. When I went to visit my parents in the spring, I took the toy home thinking it was ours, only to discover when I got home that I had two of them, and I had in fact stolen my parents' toy. So, when JB's Mom came to visit, I gave her the toy to return to my parents. She returned it to my Dad who thought he was supposed to bring it to us and came back with it AGAIN! Maybe we are supposed to have two of them.

I also find it amusing that my parents, when they visit, will hide noisy toys that THEY bought us. They thought it funny to give the boys (us) toys that make a lot of noise. One of them is that classic "popping vacuum" that I think every kid has played with at some point. The other is a steering wheel that talks and screeches and says a bunch of rude things like, "I'm outta gas!" and "Fill 'er up!" I tolerate the toys quite well, but when my parents come to visit, I keep finding them hidden all over the house. I keep reminding my parents that THEY are the ones who gave the boys these toys and yet they are also the ones most annoyed by them. (Subsequently, the vacuum has found a new toy at my parents' house and continues to be hidden there as well.)

Another quick funny is the movie Cars. I finally let Isaac watch some of this movie to his utter delight. However, after about twenty minutes he tired of it and wandered away. Little brother Elijah had long since lost interest. "Can I turn this off now?" I asked my Dad. He only shrugged and said, "Well, yeah, but I'm watching it." So we left it on for Papa while the boys played in the other room.
And lastly, I must comment on my Dad's obsession with doughnuts. Joia let us know on her blog that today was National Donut Day. Free donuts at Krispy Kreme. While driving to get some today, my Dad, yet again, went into his soliloquy in regards to which donuts are the best and what makes a good donut. The guy is utterly obsessed with donuts and I find it quite cute to listen to him tell me why Krispy Kreme is only a B-. I really think he has missed his calling. He should open a donut store! For real!
Anways, just a few smiles for you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute -so what makes an A donut George!?!? Tante Jan

AW said...

We have a rule in our family: If you buy the boys a noisy toy, it stays at your house.

Fortunately, it's really only the grandparents that we have this issue with and they're pretty good about it.