Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quick Thursday night update

So, just to let everyone know where things stand . . .

Tomorrow morning we will go in to see how things look. If they look great, we will go ahead and induce right away. If I don't seem perfectly ready, we have made the decision to wait. We'll wait to see if I go into labor on my own. If I don't, we will schedule a final induction for Wednesday, February 4th. If I need it, I will go in the night before to have some cervical ripening done to help me progress.

I have mentioned c-section many times in my previous posts. I have no problem having a c-section. I am not afraid of it and know many of you have had a c-section. However, as most of you also know, we still have 7 embryos stored at Mayo. We have no idea if these embryos will continue to produce negative pregnancies or if something has changed in me with this baby, and we will instead be seeing positive results in future transfers.

Most physicians will recommend a woman not have any more than 3 c-sections (or 4 at a maximum). Now obviously people have done otherwise, and that's totally fine. However, in my case, we don't want to do anything that might jeopardize my ability to go back for all 7 of our embryos. I don't want to have to make a decision between my health and the chance of our embryos joining us on the earth. It is for that reason that we are really hoping to keep our chances of c-section as low as possible.

That being the case, we are trying to be as wise and cautious as we can. I'll post Friday afternoon to fill you in. Please pray that I look great on Friday morning!

2 comments:

Joy Z said...

I will pray that you look great tomorrow morning and I will also pray that the Lord will cause you even to go into labor on your own tomorrow morning and when you get to the doctor she'll just say, "Wow, you're already in labor, head on up to L&D!". I like mornings the best myself!
:-) Can't wait to meet Elijah!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for your and John's hearts toward ALL your babies---and pray that God will help you have a regular delivery. Hang in there sweetie!....the joy of it is coming soon!