Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Quick update

Back from the doc . . .

I've moved up 2 points on the Bishop scale which is good news. However, I am still a little shy of where Dr. G. would like me to get before considering induction. She was able to reach my cervix and therefore irritate it a bit in hopes that this would help move things along.

Elijah continues to get bigger, but so far, Dr. G's guess is that he hasn't broken the 9 pound mark! That's great news!

JB and I are continuing to pray about when the right time for induction is -- whether we should wait and see if I go on my own or whether inducing when things are favorable and Elijah is smaller is better. We have to weigh the chances of having a c-section due to induction against the chances of c-section due to his size. Your prayers for wisdom in that regard would be appreciated.

Pray that the irritation Dr. G. inflicted today would cause these contractions to skyrocket upward! I'll keep you all posted of course.

7 comments:

Amy T. S. said...

I gave birth the day after a similar infliction. I was 1.5 cm dilated and 80% effaced. Hoping you're on your way soon!

ReBenMyers said...

I will be praying for you. I know anxiety can be a temptation in this time, so I pray contentment will be abundant. I have not been induced, but I have had a C-section and a vaginal birth and I have to say the C-section was not that bad. So whatever the decision, I know it will be perfect for you.

Marlene said...

My doc did the same thing to me...I thought I was going to come right off the table! But later that evening, I had a Canadian bacon pizza, and at 02:30 in the a.m., went into labor.

CALL PIZZA HUT TONIGHT.

Marlene said...

One other note...I also had a C-section with my child. I am a tiny person and he had been in me cooking and was 2.5 weeks overdue when induction was scheduled. I only gained 25 pounds and exercised up until a week before he was born. C-section was a breeze. I was up walking the very next day much to the dismay of my doc and the nurses...but I wanted to go look at my baby!! Good luck Wendi. I can't believe he is almost here!

-H said...

Just chiming in with some big baby encouragement! I gave birth to my first child, a much bigger than expected eight and a half pounds, in July and needed nary a stitch afterward. The body is an amazing thing, and you will do great! Hang in there, I hope Elijah decides to make his appearance quickly and peacefully.

All the best to your family from a current MMS student!

Anonymous said...

i love the word infliction --and I love Jakes mom -call Pizza hut!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I have never gone into labor and truly loved BOTH my c-sections!

I am praying that you rest and trust! :) God is so kind to bless us with chidren! :)