Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It is possible!

I would never have guessed that it was possible to get a cramp in your calf, foot, and quad at the same time. But I now know better! I awoke this morning at 5:30am screaming. Considering we are waiting for me to go into labor at any moment, I think I caused JB's blood pressure to rise slightly.

I had gotten a cramp in my calf, but when I went to stretch it, the top of my foot cramped. It's nearly impossible to get a cramp out of the top of your foot while getting one out of your calf since you need to stretch your leg in opposite directions to relieve each of the cramps. Trying to maneuver the possibility while still in bed immediately sent my quad into spasms. What a mess! When I jumped up to try to stretch all three parts of my legs, I found myself in the midst of another contraction. If it wasn't for the fact that I looked so comical, I probably would have started to cry.

I had a bit of a rough night again. I have been having contractions for over a week now. I'm starting to think that I am having them constantly but only noticing them when they get a little stronger.

I started having some pretty good contractions last night around 9pm and by 11pm was exhausted and propped up in bed praying that they would either stop or kick into full gear! JB and I finally decided to quit counting them, let him go to sleep, and hope that I could fall asleep. I did. I probably woke up about every 1 to 1.5 hours throughout the rest of the night in the midst of a contraction and having to go to the bathroom, but at least I slept! Even a little sleep helps your perspective.

My doctor's appointment is first thing this morning. I'll make sure to update everyone with any interesting details. I am hoping there are some!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wendy I'm so sorry you are so uncomfortable! I too awoke this morning screaming with a leg cramp. Thankfully, mine was just in my calf and not two other places. Your trick about getting out of bed to walk on it did the trick! Although, not exactly easy to get this prego out of bed when writhing in pain. Hope the Doc has good news for you today.

Love,
Jenny Wilson

Anonymous said...

oh wen i'm so sorry!
your labor reminds me of Hannah's first -i have never seen someone in labor for so long without it going anywhere....she was so tired cuz it's so hard to know when it's the real thing and when it's just something to try and live and sleep thru! I'm saying an extra prayer tonite and love you! Oh will we all be rejoicing when this little guy makes his wonderful debut!!!! xoxo Tante Jan

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Oh my....bless your heart! :P