Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Blog update

Well, I need to say thank you to my sister-in-law Gabbi who tried, in vain, to get the brown removed from my header. We have no idea where it came from! I'll keep trying to figure it out, but for now, I've accepted it (begrudgingly) and changed the text color on it so that, at least, you can read the title while you gag at the ucky brown color.

Secondly, I hated to do it, but I was forced to put that "word verification" thingy on the comments page. You know the thing where you have to type in the letters you see before you can post a comment. The reason is that I have started to get spam comments -- dozens of them at a time. They are quite annoying and there are so many, they are too time intensive to remove.

I often wonder who these computer hacker people are that have so much free time on their hands that they find it fun to create viruses and put spam comments on people's blogs! How lame. Anyways, so it's because of them, I have to put that annoying word verification thing in place.

Maybe I could hire them to get the brown off my blog? If I gave them something positive to do, maybe they'd quit the annoying stuff.

Probably not. So, sorry for the brown. And sorry for the verification. :(

*** UPDATE *** THANK YOU TO THE BLOGGER HELP BOARD AND THE PERSON WHO COMMENTED ON THIS POST! THE BROWN IS GONE. APPARENTLY IT FLEW IN WHEN I POSTED THAT NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION POLL ON THE FIRST OF JANUARY! I REMOVED THE POLL AND THE BROWN IS GONE! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

3 comments:

Tom said...

Have you checked your BHG query for info on your brown header (and footer?)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

THANK YOU TOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! That worked!!!!!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Word verification is no biggie...worth it to read your blog!

Glad to see the brown gone, for your sake! It didn't bother me! :)