Thursday, September 04, 2008

Sad news


Our vacation has taken a bit of a turn as we found out yesterday that JB's grandfather passed away early in the morning. While the news wasn't unexpected, it still took us off guard. Grampa has been sick for awhile, but it is still sad to say good bye to someone forever. Pray especially for his wife. I don't know exactly how many years they have been married, but I believe it was over sixty years. They have two sons, eight grandchildren, and three great grandchildren. We feel blessed that we were able to see him and let Isaac meet him right before he died and that we were in town for the funeral which will be on Saturday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with both you and JB as well as the extended family. It is a blessing that he was able to meet Isaac and to learn of another new addition coming your way soon. I bet that made him very happy to have a visit with you guys.

{HUGS} Teri

Rabens Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about JB's grandfather's passing. I am so happy you all are able to be there for your family during this time. We will keep everyone in our prayers.

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Oh Wen, I'm so sorry. We'll be praying for your/JB's family. I'm glad that, at least, you all were able to see him one last time and that Isaac was able to meet him. I love that sweet picture of the guys with him too...those generational pictures make wonderful memories when you miss those loved ones so much. Hugs and Prayers being sent your way.

Anonymous said...

Dear John and Wendi
We send our sympathy in the loss of John's grandfather. God bless your dear family.
love Oom Ed and Tante Jan