Monday, September 15, 2008

A bit of sadness . . . with some happiness sprinkled on top

Well, there's been quite a few bits of news that has tumbled my way since arriving in Fort Lauderdale that has made me feel a little blue today.

First, of course, was the passing of JB's grandfather. While this was expected, it wasn't expected so soon, and we all feel for his wife of 61 years. She's a strong lady, but I can't imagine losing JB after 10 years -- nevertheless six times that much. She could use your prayers if you think of it.

Last week we got word that my Grama Huisman is dealing with some pretty severe health issues right now as well. Grama is a trooper and a fighter and a prayer warrior and I know she will fight this like she has everything else. But I still hate to see her not feeling well. Pray hard for her too!

After that, I found out that one of the leading researchers at our Foundation passed away early this morning after a sudden illness. He was due to be surprised by a very special award from our organization in the coming weeks, and a photo book with notes had been compiled for him that he will never get to see. I didn't know him well, but had worked with him online for many years. Just another bit of disappointing news.

Then, the final straw was learning that early this morning, Dad and Mom Kit. had to put their fourteen-year-old lab Bronte' down. Dad had warned me at Grace's party on Saturday that this might be the case, but I honestly thought that something would change before they really needed to do it. Bronte' actually started out as JB's dog back in 1994. But when he moved to follow me to Kentucky in 1996, Bronte' stayed back with the family. She was very old and was fighting a losing battle . But hearing about Bronte' was the final straw for me. I can still remember Bronte coming into the school gym as a tiny pup on a leash -- just bounding away. I like to think that dogs go to heaven, and if so, I'm sure she's bounding up there too -- just like she did when she was a pup.

So I sat down and had a good cry and am now feeling better. My own pup has been a perfect angel today after his 5:30am walk with my Mom. (Sorry Gammy. I know you think this is a sin, but it had to be done!) After his mischievous Sunday which included frequent "kennalization" by his frustrated person (aka ... me), I'm relieved to see some better behavior today. His bad behavior was my own fault. Because we went to the early service, I couldn't exercise him before we left. By the time we came home, it was like 100 degrees so forget that. Therefore any outdoor fun had to wait until 6pm. A little long for a hyper Dalmatian to be cooped up in the house.

Isaac has been, as usual, happy and giggly today. He wakes up giggling, goes to sleep giggling, and then giggles and smiles inbetween. He and Scrubs have been playing together more lately as Isaac can now reach out for him and touch him. I have some pictures of that, and I'll post them later.

Right now I thought I would post two pictures of me and Isaac before leaving for church on Sunday morning. My boy makes me smile so what better way would there be to end this post then with some smiles? I received many, many emails from friends asking to see some pictures of me pregnant. Many of you encouraged me to be okay with putting them on the blog. One email that touched me in particular was from an online friend who herself has been able to rejoice in pregnancy after infertility. She said this blog has alaways been "our story" and now "our story" has taken a new turn. I need to document that turn as well. I'm still not sure how I feel about sharing photos, but I do feel that this second picture is a step forward ... as I definitely look pregnant in it. :) Thank you to Aunt Janet and my Cousin Cara whose gift purchased the shirt I am wearing (and a great pair of shorts too!)

Okay, so without further ado . . .


Scroll down for some photos. And don't worry. This time, I'll really post them!





13 comments:

Kendra said...

Beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

i LOVE those pictures!

isaac's shirt is adorable...and you are totally glowing! it must be true what they say about a pregnancy "glow". you certainly show it!

Anonymous said...

Wendi,
I don't know who is more adorable....you or Isaac!!
Joan

Erica said...

Wendi, you look soooo cute!!! I'm glad you posted those pictures...you look more pregnant than when I saw you less than a month ago (in a good way)!

Anonymous said...

oh wen -i think everyone must have had tears of joy seeing you look so beautifully pregnant....
i love that this is "your" story....and we can take this extra joy with you....
great shirt!
love Tante Jan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!

Tara said...

I'm sorry about all the sad things you have cried about. :(

You look great and Isaac is just so cute. I love the age where they look so little, yet so chubby at the same time. :)

Anonymous said...

adorable photos. Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about all the sadness but I'm thrilled that there is joy in your life as well.

yuan family said...

Wendi, you look awesome! Thanks for posting the pics. I will be thinking of your family.

Anonymous said...

Cute belly, hot mama! :)
PS - WE MISS YOU GUYS!!

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your family. Bay and I will keep them in our prayers.

TAV said...

thank you for the preggie pics!!! sorry i missed your call AGAIN! I don't get off until 7 p.m.!

Jules said...

I'm so glad you posted some belly shots. While I think it's amazing that you're being somewhat reserved for your friends who are going through difficult times, I think it's important that you enjoy this wonderful time in your life. You've waited a long time and you TOTALLY deserve to bask in the glory. :) I'm sure your friends will understand.